[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

happylace

Explorer
@happylace Your sheet looks good. Thanks for tracking the item slots for your gear. Looks like your character is carrying 9 / 8 packed items, so would be a little encumbered? Alma Ostergaard is approved (y)
Yeah since her trinket is a book I figured it probably doesn't count as Tiny for the purposes of slots? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks!

Quickleaf

Legend
Yeah since her trinket is a book I figured it probably doesn't count as Tiny for the purposes of slots? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks!
Yeah, for books and stuff it's probably negligible unless you start collecting and carrying a bunch of them (like 5+) on your person.

The exception would be someone casting from a book or wielding a book as an implement (which would be tracked as an Equipped Item).

Quickleaf

Legend
So since it seems nobody else took Religion, should I swap out one of my character's skills so we have that covered?
I wouldn't worry too much about total skill coverage, because my house rules have lots of skills in play. Including my additions and the PHB skills this includes:

edit: Skills in which no one has proficiency so far are Nature, Religion, Medicine, Performance, Airways, Endurance, High Society, Riverways, and Seamanship.

This accounts for 7 out of 9 PCs. Anything in blue means at least one PC is proficient.

Athletics x1
Acrobatics x1
Sleight of Hand x3
Stealth x1
Arcana x4
Investigation x4
History x3

Nature
Religion
Animal Handling x1
Insight x5

Medicine
Perception x2
Survival x2
Deception x4
Intimidation x2

Performance
Persuasion x5

Alchemy x2

Airways
Commerce x2
Craft (specialty) x2
(smith, carpenter, woodcarver, hurdle-making)
Dungeoneering x1
Endurance
Folklore x1
Gaming x2

High Society
Mechanics x2
Roadways x1

Riverways
Sage Lore (specialty) x2 (astronomy, meteorology)
Seamanship
Skullduggery x1
Streetwise x1

This accounts for 7 out of 9 PCs. Here's what at least 1 PC knows:

Abyssal
Deep Speech
Draconic
Dwarvish x2
Elvish x2
Giant
Gnomish x2
Goblin
Infernal
Orc x2
Sylvan x2
Thieves' Cant
Undercommon x3

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
I wouldn't worry too much about total skill coverage, because my house rules have lots of skills in play. Including my additions and the PHB skills this includes:

Athletics
Acrobatics
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Arcana
Investigation
History
Nature
Religion
Animal Handling
Insight
Medicine
Perception
Survival
Deception
Intimidation
Performance
Persuasion

Alchemy
Airways
Commerce
Craft (specialty)
Dungeoneering
Endurance
Folklore
Gaming (btw @tglassy and @Aethmud this subsumes the "gambling" tools & "cards/dice")
High Society
Mechanics
Roadways
Riverways
Sage Lore (specialty)
Seamanship
Skullduggery
Streetwise
I suppose that means my Cards Tool Prof is actually Gaming Skill Prof?

Quickleaf

Legend
Unless Commerce is going to be important I think I might switch it out for Religion just since it seems like it might be important.
With all this fiendish warlockness and Levistus stuff, I have no idea why you would think that.

edit: Btw, I forgot to mention, but I'd prefer to avoid player-vs-player stuff, or at least minimize it. Friendly rivalry is fine, or rolling off to see who wins at cards or something. Thanks (y)

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Was double checking your PCs' skills mostly to make sure everyone had bonus skills for any high intelligence, but caught one thing...

@Neurotic Looks like you are gaining 3 skill proficiencies from your Haunted One background – Investigation, Sleight of Hand, Survival – when you're only supposed to get 2. I think you have one skill too many?

Also, I'm sure you know, but you get a bunch more racial features for gnome/svirfneblin that aren't on your sheet. Just wanted to make sure you don't forget!

happylace

Explorer
Yeah, for books and stuff it's probably negligible unless you start collecting and carrying a bunch of them (like 5+) on your person.

The exception would be someone casting from a book or wielding a book as an implement (which would be tracked as an Equipped Item).
Oh, okay. I'll adjust that on the sheet so that doesn't take a slot, then. I'll make sure to keep track though, because I'm planning on probably collecting a few lol.

Remove ads