[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Mine will be a Cowboy. So, Eldritch Blast all the way. I’ll prolly go with the Familiar for some scouting/roll play stuffs.

We could link our characters and have the same patron. Just an idea.
I also like blasting, but I think I'll take Pact of the Tome in that case and focus on lore/knowledge.

What were your thoughts on a Patron? Because it could also work to have opposed Patrons but our characters are still allies.

tglassy

Adventurer
I had not decided. Whatever works for the story. My last Fiend Warlock, who was also a Cowboy because I have a one track mind, was a bounty hunter for hell, only his Ptron, the God of Judgement, wasn’t evil. His job was to hunt those who don’t belong on earth anymore and send them to their judgment.

But we can do whatever. I’m easy to please.

Quickleaf

Legend
@tglassy @Necropolitan I'm looking through the adventure, and these are the "big name" fiends that play some role, which might be suitable patrons... or of course you can write your own stuff in, and I can figure a way to incorporate it.

Archdevils
-Asmodeus
-Levistus

Demon Lords
-Yeenoghu (limited)
-Errtu (limited, deceased?)
-possibly any demon lord

Yugoloth
-arcanaloth

Others
-Covey of Night Hags

Necropolitan

Adventurer
@tglassy @Necropolitan I'm looking through the adventure, and these are the "big name" fiends that play some role, which might be suitable patrons... or of course you can write your own stuff in, and I can figure a way to incorporate it.

Archdevils
-Asmodeus
-Levistus

Demon Lords
-Yeenoghu (limited)
-Errtu (limited, deceased?)
-possibly any demon lord

Yugoloth
-arcanaloth

Others
-Covey of Night Hags

My character's likely going to have Intelligence as his highest stat and be more focused on power through knowledge, so an Arcanaloth or Coven of Night Hags could work.

Should we send you the secrets we've gotten for our characters or is it fine to post them in this thread for everyone to see?

Quickleaf

Legend
Should we send you the secrets we've gotten for our characters or is it fine to post them in this thread for everyone to see?
That's really up to you all!

I'm happy for you to be transparent about it, I'm happy for you to keep the secrets from each other for added drama, or anywhere on the spectrum between.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
That's really up to you all!

I'm happy for you to be transparent about it, I'm happy for you to keep the secrets from each other for added drama, or anywhere on the spectrum between.

There's a bunch of good choices.
Hag's Eye Orphan would go together with the Hag coven being my character's Patrons so I'm leaning towards it right now.

I do have questions about the others though.

What specific characters are available to be the object of a character's affections for Elusive Paramour?

As it stands my current build is Intelligence-focused Human Warlock (Fiend, Tome) who's definitely going to be proficient in Arcana.

We'll be starting at level 1, right? What method of generating ability scores will we be using?

Quickleaf

Legend
There's a bunch of good choices.
Hag's Eye Orphan would go together with the Hag coven being my character's Patrons so I'm leaning towards it right now.

I do have questions about the others though.

What specific characters are available to be the object of a character's affections for Elusive Paramour?

As it stands my current build is Intelligence-focused Human Warlock (Fiend, Tome) who's definitely going to be proficient in Arcana.

We'll be starting at level 1, right? What method of generating ability scores will we be using?
Start at Level 3.

The first part of the adventure is... there's lots of interesting minor quests that don't really connect to the main story which players are expected to do until they reach 4th level. Basically, I'm shortening that section and throwing you into the main story sooner.

There are a LOT of NPCs available to be the object of a character's affections for Elusive Paramour. Too many for me to list without some guidance about what you're looking for. It's also fine to "hold" it and declare it during play (a bit abstract, but it works).

Thanks for reminding me about......

Ability Scores (choose a method, rolls are honor system UNLESS 'Old School')

Standard Array
: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Standard Roll: 4d6 drop lowest

Two by Two by Two: Roll two strong (6d6 keep 3), two good (4d6 keep 3), two weak (3d6)

Three Up, Three Down: Roll three up (10+d6, 10+d8, 8+d10), and three down (15-d6, 15-d8, 17-d10)

Character Wheel: Roll 3d6 eighteen times, arrayed in the character wheel, select a set of 6 contiguous stats

Old School: Roll 3d6 physical dice six times, with a witness, in this order: Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha. Discuss a boon with the GM to offset the risk of lower stats – an extra uncommon magic item, a bonus feat, more spells in your spellbook, a few extra regional or backstory variant human traits, etc.

Rolled Point Buy: Roll 8d6 – the total is how many points you have for making your character point buy

Standard Point Buy: 27 points

Edit: I updated the first post with clarification on character creation, these ability score generation options & trinkets for Icewind Dale.

Last edited:

Remove ads