(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella, Dandin, Tommi, and Angis are there. I'm going to wait and see if @tglassy shows up to determine if Titus stayed behind to help defend Newfield. It's not impossible that he saw the need and stayed behind.

We have Schrodinger's Titus: He is currently both with you and not with you!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I haven't mentioned it to any of you so far, but Neurotic is going to try out being NPP for me in this game. He'll start out rolling for some of the bad guys, and if you come across some allies (like you did before with Averiel and her friends), he'll play them too.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... we've got another new player! Surprise!

I found a few tricks on my maps, too... I made PC's have a blue glow, and bad guys have an orange glow. (I gave NPCs a yellow glow, though I'm not sure it's important to differentiate them).

This map is a bit... wide, so I'm sorry if everything is small - I wanted to fit in our newest PC, but I probably should have split it into outside-inside maps. Let me know if you need some zoom-ins.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@jmucchiello Oops! I guess I missed adding you to the locations list! Yes, she's in H11. I eddited it to add her. RIGHT! I need to explain how I don things: I don't bother with Initiative in PBP. I get people to post whenever they have the time, and I resolve posts when I get the time. Stuff happens in whatever order I think makes a good story. Usually, I have PCs "aggro" the bad guys (in that I resolve PC attacks and if the bad guy survives, then it gets to attack.) I often do movement simultaneously (like if you run toward a bad guy who's running toward you, then you can often reach them and attack, even if you 'normally' wouldn't be able to).

I know it sounds chaotic, but I've been doing it for years and it's almost never had any problems. (There's been a moment or two of confusion, but usually a quick discussion will work it out). I always try to make sure that a player's intention works out, whenever possible.

Things might be a little different this fight. Neurotic is going to play the Houndmaster and the three dogs. I have no idea if that's going to cause anything weird to happen or not.

OH! One more thing - I often resolve part of the round at a time. Don't post a second time in a round (unless you're rolling saving throws or throwing in reactions) until you see my post that says "End Round One; Begin Round Two" (etc). It'll have a new map with everyone's movements on it, etc.

I hope that makes sense.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'd just like to piint out that Sleep specifically requires an ally to use an action to wake a sleeper. So technically the orcs could attack or wake dogs, not both.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'd just like to piint out that Sleep specifically requires an ally to use an action to wake a sleeper. So technically the orcs could attack or wake dogs, not both.

We've been discussing that. It's an action to wake them up without damaging them. The houndmaster has multiattack, so he can kick one and then run over and do one attack with his sword as an attack action, but he'll have to do damage. The other orc will wake the dog with his action. Your Sleep might not have slowed them down by much, but it did waste two orc attacks. One of them potentially pretty deadly, as Escella will attest.

Remove ads