(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Talynen had been their liason when they had arrived at the manor. He was the one who had shown them to their rooms. The Daggerfordians generally liked and respected him as a friend of Sir Darfin, but they did not feel subordinate to him. His suggestion on their course of action was faced with a mixed reaction.
Did I miss something? what what Talynen's suggestion? Where was his suggestion?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I had planned for something like this for Titus all the way back in post #1519 when I first introduced "Sing-Axe" (who is still yet not quite fully revealed). tglassy had wanted his patron for his newly-added Warlock levels to be more than just fluff for his power-source, and I came up with a big, big plan for it. Of course, with the way PBP works out, not only did it take a long time (that was November of 2019!) but I also lost tglassy as a player during that time. SOME of the ideas I had for Titus I moved over to Escella, but I'm glad that she didn't wind up on the other side. (I'm sure we'd have found a way to rescue Titus if tglassy had kept playing. Who knows, maybe we still will....)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Ha! I've just worked my way back through the story to find this. (Should have checked here first!) This is excellent.

Escella mentioned Sing-Axe in her Message recently, but the Warlock levels came at a time we were each doing our own thing. I'm not sure Tommi knows who Sing-Axe is? I'll be noncommittal either way when I post.

Really nice slow burn...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ha! I've just worked my way back through the story to find this. (Should have checked here first!) This is excellent.

Escella mentioned Sing-Axe in her Message recently, but the Warlock levels came at a time we were each doing our own thing. I'm not sure Tommi knows who Sing-Axe is? I'll be noncommittal either way when I post.

Really nice slow burn...

It's hard to say. It's entirely possible that Titus has named his patron at some point (it's not like we go over every conversation the characters have while travelling, camping, at dinner, etc.) I'm not really sure. Let's assume that he's mentioned (at some point after returning from Waterdeep) that his newfound power (he was just a young nobleman with sword training at the start, after all) came, to his surprise, not from the fairy-folk that he met in the Dryad's glade (as he had originally thought), but instead from a Titan. His friends would be aware that his uncle, a wizard of Waterdeep, helped him to discover this. They also know that it involved some rituals that were performed on him by some nefarious outlaw Thayan by the name of Fallowe against his family's will when he was a child. The fairy folk simply broke the blocks that his uncle had placed on him to stop him from accessing this magic.

So it's very possible that they have been concerned about him using his magical powers and are more comfortable with him when he is just a knight. More recently, he has been trying to test the limits of his power, which has his closer friends concerned (Lionel who was travelling with him most recently, and Tommi, who spent the evening guarding with him).

He may not have ever named the Titan. No one knows how the Thayans and a Titan could be connected. Enseth may have known, but he has mysteriously shut down... (a story for another day, which is deeper story-wise than just the loss of Fradak).

Remove ads