• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Of course, this is also Escella's schtick. Scouting and running away quickly (via expeditious retreat).

And Escella is running up the stairs next round. She didn't do it this round because that would have been running in blind. No one upstairs is telling us downstairs what's going on up there.
I think that you can probably assume that they are, for expediencies sake. I don't think we can ask players to type out everything they're saying to each other any given moment. Again, one of the inefficiencies of PBP. But I think we can easily assume that the characters would talk to each other a lot more than we do - I mean, otherwise they'd reasonably get themselves killed on a regular basis.

To be fair, there is communication going on:

Morgan informed everyone of the gnoll stuck in the webs and the wizard trapped in the room, Vrair told archers to shoot the gnoll in the webs and the sound of combat that there are more gnolls. But you have to read back to the end of March to get most of that so it's probably easy to forget.

Of course, people down stairs don't know how many gnolls - plus the possibility of a shaman gnoll showing up so so it's still risky.

@FitzTheRuke I just posted but I'm a bit confused

Gnoll 4 is still on the map but a previous post indicates that gnoll 4 actually died. If that's the case, I'd redirect my attack to Gnoll 5...or, maybe, reconsider my opinion on trying to finish off gnoll 1

Edit: Is only gnoll 1 and 5 left?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'll let you show how intelligent the wizard is, conclude that it is better for the party to drop it.
raging barbarian isn't good at thinking :) you can even think something like "stupid barb, we should just archer the thing to death" :p

I'll let you show how intelligent the wizard is, conclude that it is better for the party to drop it.
raging barbarian isn't good at thinking :) you can even think something like "stupid barb, we should just archer the thing to death" :p
Well, I was thinking the same thing. There isn’t really a penalty shooting into the webs and we all get advantage so Morgan might let the barbarian struggle a bit. :)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Why can't Tommi push past his teammates? Moving through a square occupied by an ally is unhindered.
I am a little late for this discussion — Sorry!
But you are right, mostly. :) A character can move through another friendly character's space, but not stop in it, attack and then continue. The space counts as difficult terrain, though (Basic Rules). So both Tommi and Escella could have walk through the other's spaces if they had the movement and the willingness to do so.

Remove ads