• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I was going to reply but not everyone has had a chance to pipe in. Should I wait?

Also, no result for my rolls in the post?

You've not heard of any "Sing-Axe". As far as laws go, it's generally up to the local lord to adjudicate accusations of Necromancy. The expectation would be for you to take him to Duke Maldwyn, but OTOH, if you simply murder him and call him a Thayan Necromancer, he'd have to have some powerful allies come forth to speak against you, or it's unlikely that anyone would ever investigate it as a crime. Most of the group has no "official" authority, though Escella does - she can announce herself as an agent of the Daggerford Scouts, who have quite a bit of leeway when it comes to their very vague authority of "protecting Daggerford from those who would threaten the peace". Generally, though, Kelson expects his agents to observe and report, not necessarily act. It seems pretty unlikely that he'd strongly object to any action taken here, though. In addition, the rest of the group just came from defending the local Elf Lord's manor house, so if they did anything that got them in trouble with the Duke (an event that seems unlikely), they'd have a powerful ally who would certainly speak on their behalf.

Or in other words, it's all about who you know. Morgan is aware of pretty much all of that (other than how tight they are with the elf lord Darfin Floshin - no one has had time to go over that in detail). He's aware of him, though, and the estate's proximity to their current position.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
There's no better time to start working like a group than now (whenever now is). It's hard to do when no one indicates their intentions. Tommi could call out, "I'm gonna keep an eye on our escape route - in case we need it!" (Or whatever to that effect) And you'd probably not have anyone giving you a hard time.

Similarly, when you scout ahead, it would probably be good to mention how easy it is for you to get away and return to the group. Not everyone is going to notice that it's YOUR SCHTICK to scout ahead, and barring someone throwing a net over him or maybe Hold Person, Tommi won't get caught up in a fight on his own. (Which I think was the concern earlier when they gave you crap for running off ahead).

Communication is key, and while it might require a few more taps on the keyboard (I know, it's a lot of work) it's probably worth doing to avoid conflict.
In general, Helgrim is on the front line. Due to his battlemaster maneuvers, he sometimes states his intentions out loud, although I as a player often forget.

I find that our barbarian and the dwarf tend to strategize out loud and communicate their intentions...
Thanks; I know I'm not the most tactical player (both IC and OOC), so I'm a bit surprised to hear it. I do try.

If I seem to be criticizing anyone on tactics, it's always an in-character thing and not what I, as a player, feel is right or wrong. I tend to go with the flow; react to whatever the situation is on my turn.

I commit to trying to communicate my intentions and tactics (or lack thereof) better and sooner. In this case, Helgrim is just having a bit of RP over gnolls killing his caravan companions and the wizard not stopping them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Given that Morgan hasn't had a chance to look at his book, I guess I don't have any spells again?
I'm sorry for it. It's only been around 10 minutes since you got your book back.

Lack of rests between engagements is very common on this Toril.
Well, I mean, you don't really DO anything to get them, do you? (The collective 'you', not you per se). In this case you set off all the alarms going in, and then you stayed there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads