(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh, yeah. I could see that. You'll probably just want to go visit your uncle in Waterdeep. Maybe the Blackstaff will do some magical testing on you. I doubt your uncle will keep it from the Gray Hands (the Waterdhavian protection faction) or the Lord's Alliance. Maybe they'll start outfitting you as a potential double-agent.

If Sing-Axe has a Thayan connection, as suspected, it wasn't revealed this time around. One thing your uncle will discover (I'm going to tell you in case I forget later) after you left is that his magic that was supposed to keep his presence secret while he watched - it failed utterly. Sing-Axe knew he was there, and he may have kept more things secret from Titus because of it than he otherwise might have.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I see Titus’ Google-Fu has failed him just as much as mine has.

Yes. I've given a lot of hints as to who he is, but with none of us (including me) having read too many Forgotten Realms novels (and I haven't named him exactly right) It'll be hard for anyone to guess. Out of curiosity, does anyone think they've picked up on anything? I don't mind some OOC guesses, if anyone is interested.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've never read any of them. Actually, no, I read Exile many years ago, though I'm not sure I finished it.

Hadeshah (the Priestess of Chauntea at Harvest House) will give you one Healing Potion, and sell them to you for 40 gp each, though she only has 3 left to sell. She'll remorsefully thank you for burying her friend Estor, the Priest of Chauntea from Julkoun who was hanged from the covered bridge. You will always be welcome at Harvest House.

Luc Sunbright (Priest of Amaunator at Morninglow Tower) will happily sell you more for 50 gp each if you attend a condescending sermon as his honoured guests, where he will use you for a shining example of his god's will.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin's got mobey to burn. If the priest is willing to throw in a flask of Holy water and give Dandin a chance to say something aslt the dinner as well, he'll buy 3 potiins from him. (In addition to the 40 gold ones.)

tglassy

Adventurer
Since we have a goodly portion of gold, could Titus get himself a Warhorse? It's 400 gp, according to the Player's Handbook. I know that's a lot, but I don't mind giving up a portion of my share any loot we get. If y'all think that's too much, I can settle for a riding horse.

I promise I'll feed him and brush him every day!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Luc Sunbright would agree to Dandin's terms.

Titus could probably convince the Duke to lend him a warhorse. It would technically belong to the Duke's stables, but for all intents and purposes be Titus' horse. Unless you somehow cut ties with the Duke it would remain yours. (Can't quite get everyone a horse, but might be able to get a couple of riding horses too while at the stable.)

This would require a persuasion check dc12 for warhorse, 14 for extra riding horse, 17 for 2 Riding horses, dc21+ gets you a warhorse and 3 riding horses. One roll will do.

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus Persuasion Check: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Lol, nope. Looks like I'll need to buy one if I want one.

I don't mind having my own horse, but only if the others don't mind me taking that much of the starting gold. There's what, four of us? So 250 each? That's plenty for everyone to buy their own riding horses, and I could always just wait until later and get a Warhorse. It's about 100 gp for a Riding horse, saddle, saddlebags and a bit and bridle. 101, actually. Four riding horses would be 404 total, while one warhorse and three riding would be 730 or so. So yeah, I can take a Riding Horse, a potion of healing and 50 gp for random expenses. That's 200 gp total for me.

But I will be saving up for a Warhorse with full Plate Barding. That...that'll take a while. Barding is 4x the cost. So 6,000 gp for a plate armored Warhorse. Wow. That's a lot. 7,500 for plate for me and my horse. Well, what else am I going to spend my money on? May as well start saving now.

Remove ads