(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I suppose that makes sense. 500? There and I thought it was 200. LOL. In that case, he'll probably bank 400gp of it and let the party fund pay for the majority of the potions.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I suppose that makes sense. 500? There and I thought it was 200. LOL. In that case, he'll probably bank 400gp of it and let the party fund pay for the majority of the potions.

Sorry, that was a Typo. It is 200. Invest 100gp in stuff you think you can sell in Enfield and Newfield (say, stuff made by the extremely good Derval's Smithy). Simple stuff, like hinges, horseshoes, and plows. I'm sure you can crate 'em up and put 'em on top of the War Wagon, and inside when it's not being used to sleep in. The crates can even work as a seat for the person manning the crossbow. (He can jump up and use it in a pinch, and sit and watch out while there's no trouble). Hmm... of course, you're not getting the Wagon until Enfield... so maybe that won't work. Hanar and a hireling to take Hanar back after Enfield? Only cost you about two gold, and that's being generous to ensure loyalty.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Only problem is the wagon can't go cross country LOL But then a horse likely wouldn't, either, if it wasn't just plains and fields. But I like the war wagon idea. Can we put a basket seat up top to give the crossbow operator some cover? LOL It actually wouldn't need to be mounted unless we wanted the small folk to use it. Now if we got a ballista...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am working on a list of nonmagic items for you to be able to buy. I don't generally like house rules (with the exception of monsters, which I often make up, as you've probably noticed) and I suppose I've made a few magic items... but I feel 5e really dropped the ball with stuff to buy. I mean, they resisted the idea of people buying magic items, but then never made much else for you to buy either. I'm working on a list I call "superior items" - just slightly better than regular ones, made by master craftsmen. I think low-tier this is what people should be buying before you even get too many magic items.

The mounted crossbow can be like that. It has +5 to hit, or your own crossbow skill (if it's better) and does 2d6+3 damage. It's got a nice big crank to load, and a rack of quarrels on top, so it's just as fast as any smaller crossbow to load.

tglassy

Adventurer
That’s cool. But I always find myself strapped for cash in these games. I usually have Rituals to buy and/or scribe, Armor, better equipment, and the like. Like in this game. I need 7,500 just to outfit me and my horse with Plate Armor, as well as hundreds of gp to get all the Rituals I eventually want. I’ve only had one game where I walked away rich, and that was because two of us completed the entire Tomb of Horrors, and made out like bandits.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Much like I feel there should be a progression from basic items to high-end magic, I think there should be a progress from no boarding through lighter bardings before you jump to plate. Rags-to-riches shouldn't be rags-then-riches. IMO there's in-between steps.

tglassy

Adventurer
Oh certainly. But that’s my point. I’ve heard a lot of people say that 5e didn’t give enough to spend money on, but I always have things I’m saving for.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So what was it? 750 for the war wagon and horses? Dandin will buy the cheaper potions and we can use the other 250 for 5 more from the priest. That leaves Dandin with... 380-120-100(in shipment)=160 gold? Is the crossbow extra, or already calculated in the price?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases