(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Duke made apologetic excuses to Titus, telling him that much of his stables were "away" in Julkoun with his sister Morwen's men, and that he needed the remainder for dispatch riders to his outlying holdings. All of the horses within Daggerford belonged to the Duke's Stables, but Titus knew of a horse breeder in Enfield, which was on the way, where he could possibly buy a riding horse, or more, if the others wanted one.

(I'll probably transfer the above to the IC at some point soon. I'm still waiting to find out how far you want to press-on in a single day. Sounds like Titus might take some of the day up in Enfield, though. Let me know your votes everyone! BTW, there's Five of you. Six if you count Lionel, who I'm thinking of running as an NPC. I miss that guy.)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The Duke gave Titus a thousand gold right? If you have a plan for it, sure I don't see why not. Any other big ticket items we need for anyone? Maybe a couple of magic weapons for anyone who doesn't have obe already? Also, I think Dandin's happy with his mule and cart.

tglassy

Adventurer
He gave US a thousand gold pieces. We should buy the healing potions and any other equipment we’d need with that. I’m thinking at least a riding horse for everyone would be nice to have, going forward. I’d like a warhorse because I want to be able to take it into battle when the time calls for it, but I’d really need Barding and the Mounted Combat Feat to make that worth it, and I don’t know if I’ll actually ever get that. So a Riding Horse is ok for now.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
He gave N7 a thousand gold, but for the team's expenses.

You can get a carriage with two draft horses for 200gp. That would fit the rest of the party while Titus rides. Doughty Daggerfordians can travel in style.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dwarves don't ride horses! LOL

I think everyone should carry at least one healing potion. If we get horses, that's fine. They technically don't travel faster than on foot (except for an hour, and then need a rest), but they do carry more. Let me know how much we get, and I'll buy the gear. Dandin will snore through the priest's sermon if he needs to LOL

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've always liked the idea of what I call "The War Wagon" - A hard-topped covered wagon (a carriage for the purposes of cost) with a heavy crossbow mounted on the roof. Two seats up front, one on the roof, and camper-style bench seats (sleeps four inside, when the table is dropped down, five if two are halflings!) Probably cost you 300gp including the 2 horses, the crossbow, and comfort modifications to a wagon or carriage.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Let's say the party walks to Enfield, talks to the horse-breeder, and some carpenters, and decks themselves out with a Warhorse with leather barding, a War-Wagon and two Draft Horses, (and mounted crossbow) for 750gp and bought five (one each) potions of healing from Luc Sunbright (after Dandin gave a speech). That's the 1000gp spent. Other potions (like from Hadasha) should come from other money. Dandin picked up his 500gp, so he's pretty flush on his own.

Dandin would probably leave Hanar with Zachare for pulling his wagon around town collecting trade goods for the boats.

Enfield is about a 5 hour walk, so if you left at 8 in the morning, you'd get there at 1pm, and you spent the rest of the day getting all that stuff, so you can stay at the modest Inn there, and get on the road in the morning. Kahless is right that you don't travel any faster this way (not on a daily scale) but you travel in style and comfort!

Any objections?

Remove ads