OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Leif

Adventurer
I guess you must mean requirements for the way that you practice your profession as a counselor. But doesn't that impair your professional independence? And isn't that kinda necessary for a good practice? I guess if you raise much of a stink about it, that would pretty much be asking them to show you the door, so all you can do is either grimace and swallow it, or ride your high horse into private practice. Either choice sucks. 'Cause I'm living proof that solo practice [of the profession of your choice] may look tough, and seem tougher, but it's actually hellaciously tougher than it even seems. My income as a grocery clerk is firmly attached to the hindmost udder, and, yet, it still far surpasses my income from my solo law practice, except for one year.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Nah, not the way. Just the place. Had to give up my clinic here in town and take over management of the clinic in Blytheville. They're doing me right as far as salary, travel comp, etc. I just really love my clinic here and the people working for me, and the one in Blytheville is much larger, and has a dozen other programs attached to it that I know nothing about running (yet). I'm a little terrified of that, and a lot sad about losing my folks here.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Look at it this way: once you meet everyone there, adjust to the workload and the travel...bigger clinic means more staff ti delegate the jobs to and you can have time for Keva to wreck havoc.

Neurotic

In the meantime, maybe his old age caught up to say hi and drink some spirits with him and the rest of us can have some challenge ahead of us. Even if that is only cleanup now.
I believe we have some work to do and brinite paladins up and such...assuming the demons are the last fight (as I thought about that half blood)

Scotley

Hero
My friend, you'd better believe I've thought more than once that a different career path would be worth considering. These changes are a bitter pill to swallow, but that has nothing to do with pay or benefits. It's just changes - changes that I don't like and that I have little say or choice about. I've got lots to learn, and to learn quickly.

Sorry to hear of your stress. We share a similar field. The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes. We'll keep chugging along as this bit of the adventure is virtually over and there will be some set up for the next one to follow. Just jump in when you are able.

Scotley

Hero
Okay, we have successfully wrapped up the current side quest and we'll be back on the road with the army soon. You have to decide if you want to spend any time cleansing the evil from the place. I have family visiting for the next few days and then when they leave I'm going to visit other family. I expect to be posting minimally for about a week. Hope you all have a great holiday.

Neurotic

Happy holidays all.

I think we have enough religious or outright divine characters that we will cleanse this place. IC post some time tomorrow after sleep.

Scotley

Hero
There is an experience bonus to cleansing...

Hope you all had a good holiday. I should be back to my regular (which sadly isn't all that regular) posting rate.

Remove ads