D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
Yeah, I just...yeah. My rolls for this game, in order:

Nine d20 rolls and only ONE above 10. That's freaking bonkers. I've never had a streak like this IRL.

I think it might be swift cosmic punishment for making a munchkin ("hurr durr dual-wielding dex-based barbarian"). Fair dues, universe. Fair dues.

ETA: Realized I forgot the Sarith perception/nature rolls, which were 14 and 12. Still not doin' so hot...

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
If I have more time to try, I ask Evandur to hold the chains away from Erevan's lock so that I can have clear access (will that be enough to counteract the disadvantage? Doing Erevan's first because it will probably be easier to pick once out of chains...)

Hoping for enough time for a couple tries:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Then the order is changed: Erevan, then hopefully Erevan can get me free and hopefully we can get Evandur and at least one more free before we have to move.

Have we been able to discern if the guards have the shackle keys, or one of the two elites carries them (likely Shoor)?

SunGold

First Post
Have we been able to discern if the guards have the shackle keys, or one of the two elites carries them (likely Shoor)?

Jorlan is leaving the key (or at least he said he is) in a pile of rocks by the door when he delays the changing of the guard. The cell door will also be open. We'll all be able to get out, but given that we don't know what's going down on break-out day, it's still smart of you guys to start getting a head start by unlocking yourselves. Who knows what we may be contending with while trying to unlock everyone.

Uller

Adventurer
OOOoohhhh, I thought he was leaving the key for the door... :p Ok, fighter types first then...

He will unlock the door and leave a key for the shackles (just one...so...time might be a problem).

Just an experiment:

[roll0]

interesting...can't roll 100 times at once...

Uller

Adventurer
Just me. Like I said...busy weekend and early part of the week. I'm free tonight so I should get things moving this evening...

Uller

Adventurer
If I have more time to try, I ask Evandur to hold the chains away from Erevan's lock so that I can have clear access (will that be enough to counteract the disadvantage? Doing Erevan's first because it will probably be easier to pick once out of chains...)

Hoping for enough time for a couple tries:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Then the order is changed: Erevan, then hopefully Erevan can get me free and hopefully we can get Evandur and at least one more free before we have to move.

Erevan is free and can attempt to free Ezraen before things go (and Evandur can try his strength check to bust the chains if he wants...). It won't change the initial post which I'm typing up now.

DMAesh

Explorer
Cool! BTW, I commissioned an art piece for Ezraen on Deviant Art! It should be available soon, and I will post it in our Rogue's Gallery. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads