D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
Hmm...hand crossbow still seems like the best option. Those are some pretty steep penalties, and in any case, I don't want to leave the room where the key is...

Besides, if I'm going to attack with disadvantage anyway, might as well do it with the d6 weapon that might poison the drow instead of my d4 flint dagger. I assume Bertram will want the bow, so if I end up ahead of him in the turn order, I'll toss it to him or drop it (whatever's allowed) at the end of my turn.

You could either go to Erevan or Jimjar. Erevan can pick the lock with the picks he has, and Jimjar has the key.
[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] - Sorry to lose you buddy! I totally understand the feeling though! I have to limit myself to only one online game at a time, and this is the one I choose! Best of luck, buddy!

Uller

Adventurer
Or, feel free to NPC him. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. We'll keep him "blue" (that state where characters fade into the background until needed). If you change your mind let us know and you can come right back in. Thanks for playing!

In the interest of keeping things moving...l'm going to go ahead and roll Erevan's initiative.

What do you guys think? Instead of me calling "roll initiative" should I just as general practice roll for everyone? That way I can just describe the situation and give the order...I'm fine either way...

[roll0]

SunGold

First Post
You could either go to Erevan or Jimjar. Erevan can pick the lock with the picks he has, and Jimjar has the key.

Well Jimjar can do it, but his turn comes after all of us and the drow (the NPCs act last), and there are a lot of us to unlock so I don't know when he'll get to me. Erevan could try to pick it, but that would take his action, and he may want to grab a weapon and run to back you up. I'm going to have to take my action in shackles for this round at the very least.

With Bertram out (bummer, but have fun in your other games and we'll cya around the forums, HeroBizkit! :)), if Erevan doesn't want the bow, I could pick it up, ready an attack, and call out to one of the NPCs who's just "staying out of the way" (Eldeth? Whoever) for help, delaying the attack with their Help action as the trigger. That should erase the disadvantage.

Uller

Adventurer
So...just as a reminder...after the init roll we go in groups: PCs that beat the monsters, the monsters, then PCs that didn't. So the order is:

Group 1:
Erevan - 23
Ezraen - 21
Surana - 19

Monsters:
Drow - 16

Group 2:
Klep - 11
Orsik - 3
Evandur - 1

[MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION] since you already declared your action and rolled to take the dagger (you succeed handily) you can narrate it IC. [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6801671]itcomeswithamap[/MENTION], Erevan and Surana can also go. Let me know if you have questions.

SunGold

First Post
Erevan and Surana can also go. Let me know if you have questions.
Ok. I'll wait to see whether Erevan wants the bow before I go post IC, since I intend to hold onto it until the NPCs act so I can get an assist (using their help action to negate the shackles' disadvantage). [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], if you do use the bow, could you please drop it or toss it to me at the end of your turn?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sorry for my absence. Needed some time to catch up.

I am fine with the DM rolling my initiative.

Surana can have the crossbow. :)

SunGold

First Post
Thanks, JustinCase!

And now that I'm about to post, I actually do have a question, [MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION]: The PHB gives no negatives (other than the possibility of cover) for firing into melee, but are we using any house/optional rules for this? Realized that's something I'd like to know before firing a bolt that could land in Ezraen's back. :p He can't die before his art piece is even done, hehe.

Uller

Adventurer
Sorry for my absence. Needed some time to catch up.

I am fine with the DM rolling my initiative.

Surana can have the crossbow. :)

Okay, so here is what the book says on the shackles: They leave a character restrained but do not effect movement or speed. So that still leaves disadvantage on your attacks and advantage on attacks against you and your dex saves have disadvantage.

[MENTION=6801671]itcomeswithamap[/MENTION]: I'm going to rule that aiding another in this case involves handing you ammo. So Surana can fire now (the crossbow is already loaded). As long as someone else forgoes their turn (an NPC). There is no disadvantage to firing into melee...I've been known to rule that a nat 1 means you have to attack a different target but we'll stick with RAW for now...

[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]: It takes a minute to Doff the armor (5 rounds with help...let's say 3 rounds if you don't care about damaging the dead drow), but then 5 minutes to put it on to gain the full benefit of it. If you want to throw it on quickly it will only take one minute (I'll even allow half that...5 rounds...with help) but then it won't give full protection (-2 to AC). It looks like you're not proficient with it though so maybe you have something else in mind? You can change up what you do if this info affects your plan. EDIT: And no problem with the absence. We all have lives.

DMAesh

Explorer
Thanks, JustinCase!

And now that I'm about to post, I actually do have a question, [MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION]: The PHB gives no negatives (other than the possibility of cover) for firing into melee, but are we using any house/optional rules for this? Realized that's something I'd like to know before firing a bolt that could land in Ezraen's back. :p He can't die before his art piece is even done, hehe.

Hahaha, it's almost ready! If you shoot me, I'll just be able to use some of my favorite Hudson Hawk lines! :p

Remove ads