D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
It takes a minute to Doff the armor (5 rounds with help...let's say 3 rounds if you don't care about damaging the dead drow), but then 5 minutes to put it on to gain the full benefit of it. If you want to throw it on quickly it will only take one minute (I'll even allow half that...5 rounds...with help) but then it won't give full protection (-2 to AC). It looks like you're not proficient with it though so maybe you have something else in mind? You can change up what you do if this info affects your plan. EDIT: And no problem with the absence. We all have lives.

Hmm, good point. I suppose Erevan will only take off the armor to bring it along, and don it at a more convenient time. So 3 rounds with help, because an elf does not care if a dead drow's corpse is damaged. :) Can he search the body for any useful items at the same time, or will that be in another round?

Edit: Oh, and erm... Can somebody help Erevan with this? :p

SunGold

First Post
Just a thought...we may not want to be in this pen in 3 rounds. It sounds from Uller's last IC post like the guard to the northeast might've just released the quaggoths.

The guard tower should be empty save for the drow Ezraen is fighting, and now the southeast door is unobstructed since their fight has shifted. Might be time to make a break for it and lock down that tower while we unlock/gear up.

All of our fighting gear is in there, plus 6 extra chain shirts, so there are plenty that you could grab in there without taking 3 rounds, Erevan. (I just looked over our character sheets; everyone either brought armor or doesn't use it, so you won't have to fight anyone for that chainmail.)

I'm making a break for the tower next turn, unlocked or not. I really, really don't want to be here shackled and unarmed if a bunch of quaggoths show up.

I feel a little lost, and maybe because I am somwhat new to these forums. are we following an intitiative order at this point or are we sort of first come first serve for actions?

Uller

Adventurer
I feel a little lost, and maybe because I am somwhat new to these forums. are we following an intitiative order at this point or are we sort of first come first serve for actions?
Init is in groups. I make one init roll for the monsters. Players roll individual init. Groups are: those that beat the monsters' init, monsters and those that didn't. So right now it is Orsik, Evandur and Klep. You can go in whatever order you want within that group. Then I'll play out the NPCs (Derendil, Jimjar and others) then new round.

DMAesh jumped the gun but that's okay. We'll just apply his turn after you guys all go. So go ahead and let us know what Evandur wants to do.

Itcomeswithamap has some sound tactical reasoning there...

Edit: you dont think the quaggoths are loose (yet). You haven't heard the door to their pen open at least.

Last edited:

Zansy

Explorer
Hey guys real life is a little hectic lately so it could take some time before I can make an IC post. I'm sorry.

Uller

Adventurer
Hey guys real life is a little hectic lately so it could take some time before I can make an IC post. I'm sorry.

No worries. When you get a chance post your turn. If it you can't get to it in a day or so we'll just assume you move with the group and help someone. I may have to post for Ranger20. He's under observation for a concussion after a hockey game...(I'm pretty sure he's all right).

Remove ads