D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Just a thought...we may not want to be in this pen in 3 rounds. It sounds from Uller's last IC post like the guard to the northeast might've just released the quaggoths.

The guard tower should be empty save for the drow Ezraen is fighting, and now the southeast door is unobstructed since their fight has shifted. Might be time to make a break for it and lock down that tower while we unlock/gear up.

All of our fighting gear is in there, plus 6 extra chain shirts, so there are plenty that you could grab in there without taking 3 rounds, Erevan. (I just looked over our character sheets; everyone either brought armor or doesn't use it, so you won't have to fight anyone for that chainmail.)

I'm making a break for the tower next turn, unlocked or not. I really, really don't want to be here shackled and unarmed if a bunch of quaggoths show up.

Good point. Perhaps your character can say so to mine, and Erevan can decide to drop the corpse and head for the tower?

Uller

Adventurer
I echo that, [MENTION=6802198]Ranger20[/MENTION]! Get better soon!

He's doing all right this morning but his mom is making an appointment with the doc to be on the safe side...the way concussion recovery is works is to rest the brain which means NO electronics for a while. So I'll post his turn for him. He said he wants to get free of his shackles and agrees that you all should get to the tower as quickly as possible but probably deal with the drow to the north east.

I'm going to make some rolls for the NPCs to see if any of them have slipped/broken their shackles:

Edit...weird...none of my rolls showed a result....trying again (one at time)

Uller

Adventurer
Okay...so no one managed to get out.

Jimjar has the keys and will unlock Evandur first. He'll unlock Orsik next round but once the tower is secure Orsik suggests moving Jimjar (and the keys) to the tower where it is more secure.

Derendil is going to charge the guard to the North East. Ront will charge the one in the tower. Eldeth is handing ammo to Surana, Topsy and Turvy are "helping" take the drow's armor off (and pocketing whatever trinkets they can). Drum and Shushar are just kind of hanging back. I'll post this all IC (with attack rolls and such) this evening unless someone suggests the NPCs take a different course of action.

SunGold

First Post
Are Sarith and Buppido just gonna hang out being creepy together? :p

Oh and I keep forgetting to add this to my posts: I have no prob with my initiative being rolled for me, and the house rule about using skills in fights to try for advantage sounds cool. I'm up for it if everyone else is.

ETA: Ok [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], when our group gets our next turn and I run I'll call out to Erevan.

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
Are Sarith and Buppido just gonna hang out being creepy together? :p

Oh and I keep forgetting to add this to my posts: I have no prob with my initiative being rolled for me, and the house rule about using skills in fights to try for advantage sounds cool. I'm up for it if everyone else is.

Oops...I knew I forgot someone:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ooo...Buppido slipped out during the initial commotion. So he's going to grab either the dagger or shortsword and head for the tower...

I'm purposely trying to keep the NPCs only moderately useful. You guys are the heroes. They're the tag alongs.

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
He's doing all right this morning but his mom is making an appointment with the doc to be on the safe side...the way concussion recovery is works is to rest the brain which means NO electronics for a while. So I'll post his turn for him. He said he wants to get free of his shackles and agrees that you all should get to the tower as quickly as possible but probably deal with the drow to the north east.

I'm going to make some rolls for the NPCs to see if any of them have slipped/broken their shackles:

Edit...weird...none of my rolls showed a result....trying again (one at time)

Definitely lucky that you can do that for him.

BTW, I got the pic for Ezraen up on the Rogue's Gallery page. I just edited my post for Ez so it won't be on the bottom. I am liking it!

Remove ads