5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Zansy

Explorer
Inventory for now. All these items you've gotten so far are right out of the book. I add some flavor, the the coin, the flint shard, the spider...all from the book. It's what the d20 roll at the beginning was all about (yes...I like pulling the curtain back on my games for my players to see...otherwise everything is like a joke that no one else understands).

Maybe later the coin will mean something...(Valar Morghulis?)...maybe not.

The avatar is Ullr...Norse god of hunting. thought I'd make my avatar fit my name.
You know, I wanted to ask you before about Trinkets, but couldn't get myself to ask :p I'm actually kind of glad I got a cool coin rather than an old pair of socks. :D

I'd say the coin that left the biggest impression on me is the American 1976 Bicentennial Kennedy half-dollar. the words "200 years of freedom" on the side really speaks to me for some reason :) did you guys ever get a strong impression from something like that?
[MENTION=5601]Avatar[/MENTION] I think it looks good on you. perhaps better than Marvin.
 

SunGold

Villager
Wow. I was almost hoping for a hat trick with the 1's. Apparently Surana is (unaccountably) a svirfneblin scholar.
 

Uller

Explorer
Gonna go ahead and do that lore roll about the svirfneblin.

[roll0]
Well then...

I'll have to think about how I respond...but this much I'll say right now...piling up garbage and sleeping on it is far from normal behavior for a deep gnome...

I'm not going to get the next turn up tonight. I'll try for tomorrow evening, Tuesday at the latest. In the interest of moving things along, we'll do Herobizkit's arrival as one post and a little about life travelling to Velkenvelve for the other three (DMAesh, Marcelus14 and JustinCase) as another. That way we can get everyone into the game within the next couple of days.
 

SunGold

Villager
Hehe, DMAesh, I figured it might be time to start "getting the party together," as it were. Once you and JustinCase arrive, I'm guessing we can't linger too much longer. I mean, a high elf and a half-drow paladin in a drow prison? Yiiiikes. They're gonna get medieval on you guys.

Also, Uller, I like your idea of using quotes to open your posts and set the tone. And I feel like you're going to burn through a lot of Lovecraft down here.
 

DMAesh

Villager
I know, right? Methinks we'll be ready for action, and I'm expecting to be the brunt of some re-education down in this place!
 

Uller

Explorer
I have the next two turns both 90% written up. I'll definitely get them both up and everyone in fully in the game tomorrow evening. Then we can start getting things moving...
 

SunGold

Villager
Uuuuuugh we didn't hear a bunch of guards prisoners and quaggoths coming? She'd have shut her dumb barbarian face if she did. :(

Oh well...sorry y'all.
 

Uller

Explorer
Uuuuuugh we didn't hear a bunch of guards prisoners and quaggoths coming? She'd have shut her dumb barbarian face if she did. :(

Oh well...sorry y'all.
Don't worry. If it was terrible for Jorlan to hear you I'd have let you make a check...but...you do notice that the waterfall really muffles sounds more than you realize...it's omnipresent sound sometimes is forgotten.
 

Uller

Explorer
Velkenvelve.png

Since you're starting to talk of escape the general layout will be useful.

1 - Guard post
2 - Drow Soldier Barracks
3 - Larder, Supply room, Kitchen
4 - Officer Barracks
5 - Lift
6-8 Ilvara and Asha's quarters
9 - Waterfall
10 - Guard tower
11- Slave Pen
12 - Quaggoths!
13 - Guard post
14 - Pool (and webs!)
 

SunGold

Villager
Ok, phew. I wasn't gonna put up a fight 'cause I really, really didn't want to be the person who argues rules with the DM at the "table"...but hypothetically, I may have spent the last 10 minutes thinking I just got unfairly shoved over (and probably into the spider pit) by the DM god-hand for a laugh. :p
 

Uller

Explorer
No...for this part of the game I'm taking a bit of a DM license in the interest of keeping things moving and interesting. Just like with Klep's fight...if death is on the line, appropriate checks will be made (unless a Sicilian is involved....then all bets are off). Everyone is being really good sports about it so far.

Don't worry...soon we'll morph into more traditional D&D...It will be a complete circus with 8 PCs and this motley crew of NPCs....Once the other PCs arrive we'll give you all a chance to prep for your escape then things will start moving. Edit: and once things start moving, you definitely don't want to be making bets with Sicilians...(and no, I am definitely not a killer DM, ...I usually don't find much joy in killing PCs...but this adventure is a bit of "hard mode" especially early on so I make no promises...)
 
Last edited:

DMAesh

Villager
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], You made a mention of Shoor in the OOC, but you did not mention him in the description. I just wanted to be sure (Shoor) :p before I post... ^_^
 

Uller

Explorer
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], You made a mention of Shoor in the OOC, but you did not mention him in the description. I just wanted to be sure (Shoor) :p before I post... ^_^
I didn't mention him in the larger description...I needed an NPC leading the patrol that just met the patrol you were with...so why not Shoor? You start learning who he is as he takes control and leads everyone back to Velkenvelve.
 

Uller

Explorer
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], You made a mention of Shoor in the OOC, but you did not mention him in the description. I just wanted to be sure (Shoor) before I post... ^_^
I forgot Ezraen can also speak elvish...so he could understand the drow too.
 

Uller

Explorer
Nice [MENTION=6801323]Marcelus14[/MENTION]. Sounds like "bruised your soul" is pretty applicable...

You three can probably talk to Buppido or Sarith along the way before you reach Velkenvelve. Shoor probably not but you can observe and eavesdrop if you speak elvish.

All, we now have quite a cast of NPCs. Since our Rogue's Gallery got a bit cluttered Im going to make a new one. Either today or tomorrow. First post will be a place I use to keep track of my understanding of current PC state... hp, HD, AC, conditions, etc. Second post will be current cast of NPCs. Once I have that you all can move your PCs into it.

I'll be travelling to Chicago tomorrow AM for a hockey tournament. I should be able to post tomorrow evening and much of the day Saturday. Sunday only from my smart phone.
 

Uller

Explorer
So Shoor is one of the drow captors. Just clarifying. :)
As far as you know Shoor is a drow officer of sorts. He lead the patrol that met you and because of the murder of Nildus he has taken command of both patrols. He seems like kind of a big deal among the drow and tensions are high.
 

Advertisement

Top