D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm finding that I'm getting really confused with the sheer amount of NPC's, especially the three that have similar names (the ones starting with 'E'). That's probably due to the PbP forum itself; I suppose I can write down everyone for my own records. :D

Uller

Adventurer
I'm finding that I'm getting really confused with the sheer amount of NPC's, especially the three that have similar names (the ones starting with 'E'). That's probably due to the PbP forum itself; I suppose I can write down everyone for my own records. :D
Definitely. Which is why I need to create a new Rogue's Gallery that lists all the current PCs and NPCs on the first post. In the mean time hope this will be helpful to all:

PCs:
Surana - female human barbarian
Orsik - male dwarf cleric
Klep - male half orc bard
Bertrum - male halfling ranger
*Evandur - male human paladin
*Erevan - male elf rogue
*Ezraen - male half drow paladin

*not in Velkenvelve yet. With patrol

NPC prisoners
Prince Derendil - quaggoth/elf from High Forest (claims to be cursed)
Drum - young Myconid. Communicates telepathically. Has given visions of a myconid settlement.
Topsy and Turvy - deep gnome twins from Blingdenstone. Behave strangely and collect garbage.
Jimjar - deep gnome from Blingdenstone. Has a gambling problem. Steers clear of Topsy and Turvy.
Shuushar - Koa-toa hermit from Sloobludop and Darklake
Eldeth - female dwarf scout from Gauntlgrym. Frenemies with Ront.
Ront - Iceshield tribe orc. Captured with Eldeth.
*Sarith - drow accused of murdering drow mage Nildus. Friend of Jorlan.
*Buppido - derro from Gracklstugh (duergar settlement). Claims to be a god. Amused by almost everything.

* not yet in Velkenvelve. With patrol

Drow:
Ivana Mizzrym - priestess of Lolth. Commander of Velkenvelve
Asha - priestess of Lolth. Second to Ivana
*Shoor - captain of Velkenvelve. Consort to Ivana
Jorlan - former captain and former consort to Ivanan. disgraced and scarred.

* not in Velkenvelve. With patrol returning to Velkenvelve.

DMAesh

Explorer

Sorry about that! :p

Uller

Adventurer
[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION], [MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION], [MENTION=6801671]itcomeswithamap[/MENTION], [MENTION=6788194]Zansy[/MENTION], [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], [MENTION=6802198]Ranger20[/MENTION], [MENTION=6801323]Marcelus14[/MENTION]

I created a new Rogue's Gallery thread that I'd like to use to keep track of the current cast of characters. I have a table at the beginning to remind everyone who the PCs are (and their player) as well as some stats that are useful to me (I may add ability scores and trained saves and skills...but for now that seemed cluttered...Also included is the current cast of NPCs. When you have a chance, place post your character sheet into this thread and use it to track the current condition of your character as best you can.

I'll update the links on the OP of this thread.

I'll get the next turn posted today or tomorrow...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?470797-RG-Uller-s-Out-of-the-Abyss-Character-Tracking

Uller

Adventurer
Oh, and if you post a pic of your PC in the new RG thread (just attach it to your PCs post) I'll grab it and add it to the PC table.

SunGold

First Post
New post has inspired a few more rolls to go with the deep gnome one...not sure which (if any) of these I can make, but in the interest of saving some back-and-forth I'm just gonna put 'em all here and assume some/all may be dropped.

OOC: 1. Insight on whether Jorlan is being honest or if this is some sort of ruse. (Since Surana is so great at Jorlan Insight rolls...) [roll0]

2. Insight on the fellow slaves and who (if anyone) is being deceptive/a spy. [roll1]

3. Insight on the quaggoths' demeanor toward the drow and us prisoners. Like, hypothetically, whether they seem more likely to maul us to death, attack the drow, or just make a run for it if we opened their pen as a distraction when we ran...[roll2]

4. Derro lore [roll3]

Also, a general question: since talking is dangerous, can we communicate through Drum? For example, to tell the party what Jorlan said, could I pass that image/memory silently and telepathically to Drum and have him pass it on?

Uller

Adventurer
1. Insight on whether Jorlan is being honest or if this is some sort of ruse. (Since Surana is so great at Jorlan Insight rolls...) [roll0]
You can't get much of a read on Jorlan beyond the plain meaning of his words. He means to let you escape to embarrass Ivana.
2. Insight on the fellow slaves and who (if anyone) is being deceptive/a spy. [roll1]
You have not seen any indication of a spy in the slave pens
3. Insight on the quaggoths' demeanor toward the drow and us prisoners. Like, hypothetically, whether they seem more likely to maul us to death, attack the drow, or just make a run for it if we opened their pen as a distraction when we ran...[roll2]
You aren't sure what they would do. Derendil says it would depend on circumstances. If the quaggoth see advantage in it they might escape or attack the drow but they hate surface races so it could backfire.
4. Derro lore [roll3]
You've heard of derro in tales but don't recall much of use.
Also, a general question: since talking is dangerous, can we communicate through Drum? For example, to tell the party what Jorlan said, could I pass that image/memory silently and telepathically to Drum and have him pass it on?

Yes. You can probably convince Drum to bond with most anyone except any who have been openly cruel to it or to you or Derendil.

As for deep gnomes: you know enough to know that something is deeply not right with Topsy and Turvy. The odd behavior, the feral look, the rapid healing...none of that fits. Jimjar is also atypical in that most deep gnomes are notoriously dour and reserved. He is upbeat and a risk taker. It is possible his odd behavior got him exiled but he claims otherwise.You do know Blingdenstone is a settlement that engages in trade with the surface world. Someone there might be able to help you get out of the underdark. Jimjar or Topsy and Turvy might be able to help get you there but whether or not they can get you peacefully into Blingdenstone is not clear.

Remove ads