Order of the Stick: How long will they put up with Miko?

Crothian

First Post
Testament said:
This is incomprehensible to me. She's pompous, overbearing, self-righteous and downright nasty. She treats them abominably, lecturing them at every opportunity, and if I was Roy in that situation I wouldn't have been holding Belkar back.

And she was right, it is their fault the inn got blown up. She hasn't been that bad really, a little exagerated and over the top in places but for the most part its been okay. The thing is she she's an NPC we only have this little glimpse of her for all we know she might be only acting this way because of the OotS. And if Belkar wasn't held back, he'd be in trouble. A Rogue can't beat a Paladin straight fighting like that.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
painandgreed said:
She's not really playing up any sort of Charisma there...
well, if you go by the "force of personality" theory of charisma she's got it in spades. Strong personality /= likable personality after all. And she has the "uninteruptable monologue" feat down which requires at least a 13 cha. :p

drothgery

First Post
Crothian said:
The thing is she she's an NPC we only have this little glimpse of her for all we know she might be only acting this way because of the OotS.

Considering that Durkon's the only one who's made even a token effort to be polite to her, I wouldn't be surprised.

Crothian said:
And if Belkar wasn't held back, he'd be in trouble. A Rogue can't beat a Paladin straight fighting like that.

Belkar's a Ranger/Barbarian, but the point still holds; Miko can best him easily, even without Windstriker grappling him.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Go Roy! It's your birthday!

*appaluse*

Paladins bug me. Miko doesn't bug me, though. She's the Paladin stereotype on steroids; a parody, even. It's a Paladin's God/dess given right to chastise poor behaviour and show others the One True Path, the Law and the Good. To act otherwise in her presence merely demostrates how her guidance is all the more needed.

*ROFLMAO*

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
painandgreed said:
She's not really playing up any sort of Charisma there and generally getting a negative reaction from everybody who are only going along with her because she does have a good cause and they are good. I still suspect they'll make it to wherever they're going before things go to pot and they have to fight their way out.
Xath said:
At the last Gencon Oots panel, Rich said that some of the standard characters would be leaving and new characters would come in.

I figure once they are "on trial" it's a chance to feature the Real new party member, 'The Spoooky Lawyer'. He could be Elan's cohort :D ;)

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Crothian said:
And she was right, it is their fault the inn got blown up.
Really? 'Cause I kinda remember assassins being involved.

The thing is she she's an NPC we only have this little glimpse of her for all we know she might be only acting this way because of the OotS.

Yeah, I'm sure she's all flowers and sunshine and this whole "OMG UR all dumb be LG lol!!!11" routine is just an act meant to throw off evildoers. You can't fake that much bitch. That's bred in the bone.

And if Belkar wasn't held back, he'd be in trouble. A Rogue can't beat a Paladin straight fighting like that.

I don't think he was going to try to kill her. I think he was going to unleash a stream of halfling invective on princess samurai...hopefully to enrage her to the point of attacking him, thus making her lose her paladinhood and obliging the rest of the party to join in to save his butt. And together they'd waste her. XPs for Belkar, and Roy can scavenge her weapons. Unfortunately for Belkar, Roy decided to use his Craft (humiliation) skill, which should still earn some XPs for defeating/bypassing the encounter.

But really, this comic has left a refreshing minty flavour in my mind, to replace the nasty aftertaste left over after I first thought "oh crap. A paladin," when the character was introduced.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
drothgery said:
Considering that Durkon's the only one who's made even a token effort to be polite to her, I wouldn't be surprised.
right, because attacking without warning and trying to kill folks based on a falable supernatural ability, then declaring a group under arrest and treating them like slaves just screams out for polite behavior.... :confused:

Miko is alive because a) she has a "get out of being an ass free" card based on class, and b) Roy thought she was hot. She's down to one shield.

Crothian

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Really? 'Cause I kind of remember assassins being involved.

Who went after the OotS since they allowed people to believe they were royality. Just because they were assassins does not take away OotS guilt.

gtJormungand

First Post
Crothian said:
Who went after the OotS since they allowed people to believe they were royality. Just because they were assassins does not take away OotS guilt.
It would have been worse if the real king showed up to be blown away by the assassins, as I think they were trying to start a war.

Yalius

First Post
Look at the expression on Miko's face the last 3 panels. I've got a gut feeling she might be in for a little introspection, and, just possibly, a sphincterstick loosening.

Remove ads