• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick: How long will they put up with Miko?

Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Remember - DMPC.

Who's to say she doesn't have levels in the "Lord Shojo's Trackers" PrC, which grants Track and TWF as bonus feats, along with continuing Lay on Hands, Smite Evil, and other ability progression?

She said she doesn't have a prestige class.

IcyCool

First Post
Henry said:
Before you make unconfirmed assumptions, could you point to what you're referring to?

Thanks.

My guess would be that Dreeble is referring to Storm Raven's comments with respect to my comments. Wherein s/he was doing exactly that.

*shrug* Everything seems to have calmed down now, though.

And a note to be more on-topic, I can't wait until Belkar kills that damn horse. :)

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

IcyCool said:
My guess would be that Dreeble is referring to Storm Raven's comments with respect to my comments. Wherein s/he was doing exactly that.

*shrug* Everything seems to have calmed down now, though.

And a note to be more on-topic, I can't wait until Belkar kills that damn horse. :)

Yah, 'zactly. Also, I wasn't making an unconfirmed assumption, in fact the whole point of my post was to attempt to confirm my assumption, hence the "just to clarify" and the "if so". And now to prevent feather rufflage: :) ;) :D :heh:

Take care,
Dreeble

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Storm Raven said:
Damn. I can't believe I missed that. Let's list that as yet another rule error in the strip. Let's see, as a Ranger/Barbarian, Belkar's base Fortitude save should be around +9. Add in some Constitution bonus (he's clearly a min/maxed combat character, so his Constitution should be reasonably high) and that goes up to +12 or so.

Bah. Belkar is the classic example of a character created and run by a 13 year old. His player tried to min-max him, sure, but ended up with something weaker than the iconics. (Unless, of course, you think that using small daggers for 1d4+(low) strength + favored enemy (which can't possibly apply that regularly with only three favored enemies and the variety of foes the OotS fight) while two weapon fighting is the most effective choice out there. To back up my point, he took more than one level of 3.0 ranger). Belkar has probably got an 8 con because he figured "I've got a high dex; I'll never get hit."

Miko's stunning fist save DC should be 10 + 6 (for half her class levels, guessing she is 12th level) + 4 (assuming she has an 18 Wisdom) = 20. Belkar should make that more often than not.

Well, this all depends upon how much the DM cared about balance. She could also have 3.0 ki straps, for instance, which would push that to 25. If she's a DM plot device character, that could easily be the case.

Remove ads