• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick: How long will they put up with Miko?

Sejs

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Well, the rules say you need to "manipulate" your divine focus. What that means is up to DM interpretation...

*cough* Man, I have seriously got to get my mind out of the gutter.

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
So, am I the only one too dense or lazy to figure out how to decode Haley's speech? I seem to remember someone earlier saying they could read it now...

but am too lazy to search back through the 7 pages of this thread to find who it was. :heh:

R E

PS: my standard response to the 'mind out of the gutter' type comment:

I'd love to, but it's too firmly attached to my body.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dreeble said:
Heya:

So, just to clarify, I can get around the rule about ascribing motives, thoughts, and opinions to others by claiming I'm engaging in parodying railroading? Very cool, if so.

Take care,
Dreeble

Before you make unconfirmed assumptions, could you point to what you're referring to?

Thanks.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
diaglo said:
she has crossclass ranks in survival. as was pointed out with Belkar and she comparing track skill. and her ability bonus was more than Belkar's.

i'm thinking you are right. she has at least all 18s.
I don't think she has a very high INT, WIS, or CHA.

Storm Raven said:
If she has Track, that's five feats. That should be it for her: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Quick-Draw, Track, and Two-Weapon Fighting plus her monk bonus feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, and (probably) Combat Reflexes.
A powergamer might sink 1 level into Ranger (oh wait, that's 3e, not sure how many in 3.5) to cover a few of those feats, and it covers the skills too.

Sejs

First Post
Raging Epistaxis said:
So, am I the only one too dense or lazy to figure out how to decode Haley's speech? I seem to remember someone earlier saying they could read it now...

For #251:

"Oze ktpp ja asf -"
"You call it the -"

"Afw xzpd dtad dsf kyjfd."
"Ten gold says she cries."

"Ofts!"
"Yeah!"

...and just for chuckles, to complete the trailing sentance:
"ayzedfy ajatw"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Raging Epistaxis said:
its your basic cryptoquote - each letter has been replaced with a different one. You decode it by figuring out what a couple of the letters are and then using their positions in words to figure out others.

(sblocked for tedium, not spoilers. ;) )
[sblock]
Today was easy, because haley's first comment was pretty obviously "You call it the..." based on the number of letters, repeats in the second word and context. So we take the letter replacements we learned from that and plug them into the other scrambles to see what we get...

AFW XZPD DTOD DSF KYJFD! OFTS!
te? ??L? ?AY? ?HE C?IE? YEAH

The ?he has a limited number of possibilities, the best being "she" since we already have a T. So...

AFW XZPD DTOD DSF KYJFD! OFTS!
te? ??LS SAYS SHE C?IES YEAH

At this point we fill things in by guessing and context. the best guess is "ten gold says she cries" which indicates he forgot to switch out the d in gold, but otherwise makes sense.[/sblock]

Henry

Autoexreginated
Kahuna Burger said:
Today was easy, because haley's first comment was pretty obviously "You call it the..."

Funny thing -- I couldn't figure out the first line, so I worked from the "Yeah" backwards. :eek:

boolean

Explorer
Lazarous said:
Its not as if he even really tried to justify how miko could take on the entire party, he just kinda said...yeah, she's a twf, but she hits consistently with 4/5 attacks, uses flawless tactics while V decides to NOT cast fly and get out of reach as his first action (among a long list of OOST horrid combat choices).

Nitpick: Vaarsuvius didn't cast Fly because he/she/it doesn't know the spell:
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=49

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads