Oscar Best Picture Nom Nom Noms

What movie do you want to win the Academy Award in the Best Picture category?

• 1. Belfast

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2. Coda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Don't Look Up

• 4. Drive My Car

• 5. Dune

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • 6. King Richard

• 7. Licorice Pizza

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 8. Nightmare Alley

• 9. The Power of the Dog

• 10. West Side Story

• 11. I refuse to vote in a poll that doesn't have a Marvel Movie.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Poll closed .

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
If you live in an area without a Hardee's, move. šŸ˜œ
Seriously, you're in hell and need to flee. I'm kidding. Look for Carl's Jr. It's the exact same company. If there's no Carl's Jr. either, then just abandon all hope.

Anyway, on with the show. I've seen Dune and loved it. I watched Don't Look Up. I don't think it's an Oscar winning film. I've seen trailers for Licorice Pizza, and it looks good. The movie, not the pizza. I like licorice, but not on pizza. Dune is the best movie I've seen this year. Sweet Girl probably the second best, but it's not an option.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
If you live in an area without a Hardee's, move. šŸ˜œ
Seriously, you're in hell and need to flee. I'm kidding. Look for Carl's Jr. It's the exact same company. If there's no Carl's Jr. either, then just abandon all hope.
Sorry, but I can hear Nancy's wise words of wisdom like a clarion call. Just say f-in no!

GreyLord

Legend
I miss Hardies, have not had them since I lived in Savannah, GA.

They were bought by Carl's Jr. which are what they are called West of the MIssissippi and occasionally elsewhere.

As for which film I want to win, I chose King Richard. The ONLY one that should win of the ones that I know about on the list.

Look, if I was someone who preferred things that weren't genre-fiction to Dune, I probably wouldn't be someone who spends a chunk of most days around here talking about elf games.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
What happens when they merge with Reds Burritos? Are they going to fight it out with Ken-Taco like fast food Voltrons?
Around here, it's still Hardee's. They just have a smaller Red Burritos sign below it. I never think to order from that part of the menu. I'm usually in the mood for burger and onion rings when I go.

Remove ads