• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Hey there, Dr. Midnight, what's going on with your love life right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Offering to step aside so that Alison can spend time with her sister is thoughtful...but she may also see it as a move to excuse yourself from the date. A bad thing, even if it's accurate and you have sound reasons to support your decision.

I hope this works out for you Doc, I truly do.

Chronosome

First Post
Random advice.

Just play it cool; don't watch your feet while you're dancin'.
The worst thing you can do (IMO) is critique yourself while you're on the date...

Be yourself, and know that if it doesn't work out, it's not necessarily
because you've done anything wrong. :)

Last edited:

A2Z

Explorer
Heretic Apostate said:
Anyone seen the movie, "The Tao of Steve"?

In the movie, there are rules for getting the girl. Only three rules. Let's see if I get them right. (Okay, I only remember two of them. Anyone remember the third?)

1) If she advances, retreat. It'll throw her off her paces, and she'll be intrigued.

2) Do something exceptional. It doesn't matter what, as long as you can impress.
Here's all three rules:

1) Eliminate desire; you can not score if you want to score.
2) Do something excellent in her presence.
3) Retreat; women will chase what they cannot have.

Vuron

First Post
OK since the rest of these guys are geeks talking about cautious strategies, I'll let you in on why going to a date with her and her sister is a great thing.

a) You don't have to be on all the time, as long as you don't sit sullen and you interact with both of them it can be a welcome relief from having to do the standard getting to know one another routine. Listen carefully and you might even be able to learn cool stuff about your date.

b) Watch how they interact, people's relationships with siblings and parents often goes a long way in determining how they interact in longterm relationships. This is a perfect oppurtunity to learn if she's worth even considering.

c) It shows you are confident enough to interact with more than one woman at a time which considering many people is an amazing accomplishment.

d) Done in the correct manner you can even use the sister to your advantage, ask her teasing questions about your date, was she a slob growing up etc. Siblings have all the dirt and they are generally free with slander :)

e) If things don't work with numero uno you might have a chance with the sister if she's single. Besides if you can manage to win them over and you aren't bad at break ups can agree to part amicably they might be able to set you up with other friends.

f) Just because I'm the devil I have to go with my favorite upside: Double your pleasure double your fun! ;)

Vuron

Quickbeam

Explorer
Vuron said:
OK since the rest of these guys are geeks talking about cautious strategies, I'll let you in on why going to a date with her and her sister is a great thing.

Vuron

Huh?!?!?

Myself, and several others herein, made some of the exact same observations that you did. Please pay attention next time before you dismiss all of the previous posts.

I'll just assume the geek reference was intended tongue-in-cheek, and let it slide...

Vuron

First Post
Hahaha someone taking one of my tongue in cheek smartass remarks to heart.

Of course much could be said about looking for relationship advice on enworld but we won't go there will we?

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Vuron, everything you brought up is terrific advice- especially option d. Nice- thanks.

I'm not here asking for advice from RPG geeks so much as I am sharing a good experience. As I see it, geeks on good dates is something to celebrate and share.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Actually, I dismissed the remark because I presumed you were being facetious...which it appears you were.

As for the rest...nevermind.

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Dr Midnight said:
Ashtal- good idea about bringing my own chummy-pal. Sadly, I don't have anyone who I'd even consider bringing along. Most are married, gamers, or both. It'd just be bad...

We've had this discussion before Doc, and I know we are on the same page...

DO NOT TAKE A GAMER ALONG

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads