• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Reactions to NEW Episode II Trailer

This is five pages on just the trailer, right? Imagine the flame wars when the movie actually comes out. Who needs a battle droid/clone trooper/jedi war when we can have our own huge bloody war here :D I guess Wolfspider will be the Commander of the anti-AotC forces. Myself, I will try to remain neutral, like an AotC Flamewar Switzerland. I hope that the movie does not suck or I may have to join Wolfspider's forces on the darkside.:p

Tom Cashel

First Post
Wolfspider said:

You know as well as I do that SOMEONE was going to create a thread about this sooner or later. After I saw the trailer I sat back at my comptuer, and what did I see in front of me? The ENWorld message boards. After scanning the threads to make sure that nobody had created one already, I started this one.

And kept on going, apparently...note the data as of 12 noon:

Total Posts: 62
User Posts
Wolfspider 13
mmu1 4
rounser 4
Corporate Dog 3
Ashtal 2
beta-ray 2
Gargoyle 2
Simon Magalis 2
mearlus 2
Some guy from Ohio 2
Decado 1
trancejeremy 1
Rogue 1
your_mother 1
TBoarder 1
Pielorinho 1
Swack-Iron 1
Berandor 1
Buttercup 1
Mortaneus 1
nemmerle 1
King_Stannis 1
qstor 1
drowdude 1
noretoc 1
Forlorn 1
Wolf72 1
Frostmarrow 1
Gizzard 1
Crothian 1
Methinkus 1
Jamdin 1
Corinth 1
Dr Midnight 1
Fenros 1
madriel 1

That said, I liked the trailer. The CGI scenes looked to me like Ralph McQuarrie's original conceptual art for Star Wars, which gives it that neo-retro feel that Phantom Menace lacked. And since this film lacks that little twerp who couldn't act, it's automatically off to a better start, IMO.

I'm excited for the film, but to me the it's the same bubble-gum space opera it's always been, ever since I saw Star Wars in the theater at the tender age of five. I'll see it, and it'll be fun, but I'm not going to get all worked up over George Lucas or how much he deviates from Star Wars novels...

By the way, I just have to respond to the many folks who said the CGI scenes looked "busy" and they "couldn't tell what was going on." Are you usually able to tell what's going on in a three second snippet of film? If so, I applaud your visual acuity. Or did you record it and inspect the freeze frame?

I think we should start a new thread, because I'm curious: just what do people expect from Star Wars that it causes such kvetching?

Wolfspider

Explorer
And kept on going, apparently...note the data as of 12 noon

Well, yes, I did keep posting. Is there a reason why I should have stopped? :confused:

I asked a mod to close the thread, but since he didn't and people seemed to be interested in the topic, I kept posting and reacting to what people said. I might as well...I have time on my hands this morning. And so do you, apparently, since you spend enough time to tally all the responses. Thank you for putting my name all in bold like that. It makes me feel all special. :rolleyes:

By the way, I just have to respond to the many folks who said the CGI scenes looked "busy" and they "couldn't tell what was going on." Are you usually able to tell what's going on in a three second snippet of film? If so, I applaud your visual acuity. Or did you record it and inspect the freeze frame?

Boy, people sure are snarkly on the message boards lately. Anyway, if it wasn't going to look good in the trailer as a snippet, why feature it? A trailer relies mainly on visuals (and some sounds) to create atmosphere. If including just a few seconds of action is going to look sloppy and busy, then why even include it? Wouldn't it be better to take one scene from the movie (maybe the gladiatorial scene at the end of the trailer) and then show a few more seconds of it? I think that would have been more effective.

By the way, this is my 14th response to this thread, assuming that your count is correct. Just thought I'd save you some addition, Tom. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tom Cashel

First Post
LOL, Wolf. You can click on the link under "Replies" in the general forum and get an updated tally! Mine was copied and pasted.

The founder of BADD (Bitching About other peoples' Dragon Dilemmas) calling others snarky? Pot calling the kettle black, p'raps?

Well, gee--I just thought you'd stop posting after saying the trailer was sloppy, busy, boring, uninspiring, one time. But why say something once when you can say it 14 times? ...:rolleyes:

Anyhow, no offense intended, Wolf. I also came on here looking for a thread about the Trailer, and like many others, I found this one annoying.

Example: the time I popped into a Buffy thread and asked what was so great about that show anyhow? I really do hate it. So...why did I feel the need to bust in on a bunch of Buffy fans and tell them that what they liked was crap? Sure, it was my right...I'm a member...it was a public discussion. But once they finished yelling at me, I saw their point. Just because I had the right to post my complaints, why bother unless I just felt like being a troll? So I apologized, and now I don't do that sort of thing.

Naw. I'll stay behind the scenes, completely safe and out of the action. Pulling the strings. Kind of like a phantom menace. Yeah.
Now I see your secret plan! You must George Lucas in disguise as Wolfspider just like Sidious/Palpatine. Get everybody worked up over the trailer and one will have to see the movie just to be able to continue the argument. You are diabolical. I'm watching you, Wolfspider! :D

Rinndalir

First Post
Once again, I'd like to urge anyone who thought Ep 1 was a waste of film to boycott the opening week of Attack of the Clones (aka WORST TITLE EVAR). If this is the first you've heard of the boycott, spread the word around. There's certainly enough of a fanbase online to make a difference if enough people get the word out.

TBoarder

Explorer
Rinndalir said:
Once again, I'd like to urge anyone who thought Ep 1 was a waste of film to boycott the opening week of Attack of the Clones (aka WORST TITLE EVAR). If this is the first you've heard of the boycott, spread the word around. There's certainly enough of a fanbase online to make a difference if enough people get the word out.

Yes, please. That way I won't have to deal with opening day crowds. :)

Seriously though, there's NOT enough people online to boycott the film in any way that will make ANY difference at all in Attack of the Clones (a title I like :)). I love how people on the internet delude themselves into thinking that they have this much importance in the scheme of things. For every 1,000 people who don't go because of an internet boycott, 1,000 more will be at the theater in force on opening day. Sorry Rin, I don't think it's gonna make any difference, which means I'm still gonna have to deal with the crowds on opening day. Ugh. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads