• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Other than RPG's what do you love to do?

Kalendraf

Explorer
When I'm not playing, working on or thinking about RPGs (including CPRGs), these are my main hobbies:

Surfing the net (I'm a newshound. I can't seem to get enough information. I regularly surf many newsites, and keep up with technology news, product reviews for things I'm interested in, and other wierd things that catch my fancy)

Watching movies (sci-fi, fantasy, adventure, action, suspense, drama, comedy...roughly in that order of preference)

Playing Disc Golf (though not much this year as I'm battling thru a couple injuries)

Jetskiing (technically it's just a personal watercraft, but everyone calls it that)

Playing piano/keyboard (improvisational)

There's about a dozen more things I'd like to do especially reading & writing, but never seem to have time for them...

Nighthawk

First Post
Most of my interests are of the non-physical kind, as my physical condition precludes any serious activity. That said, I like to do the various exercises proscribed to me. It feels like I am doing something productive in a weird way.

Other than that, I like gaming of various sorts because they are essentially social activities for myself. Gaming is cool, but interacting with people is even better, inside and outside of gaming. Board games, ccgs, rpgs, and wargames are neat activities.

I like to read many different kinds of materials. I like writing as well, but it's only the private sort (I respect highly those who can share their writings). It happens much less these days, but I also like group discussions. For some years, I was part of a weekly group that met just to discuss various topics. In that vein, I favor radio and tv as well.

I like using the computer, although my knowledge of it is low. It presents many possibilities of use for myself.

If my health improves, I would like to travel again. In my youth, travel occurred often. I find I miss it more nowadays. :)

Thief of Always

First Post
I love listening to music. I'm a fan of Faith No More, the Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Deftones, Dir En Grey, and more.

Cartoon Network is about the only TV I watch anymore. Adult Swim is a favorite.

Drawing is a past time of mine.

Found Magazine gives me inspiration. Davy Rothbart is a genius.

I use to play video games a lot, but not so much anymore.

Man...what do I do with my life?

Work, school, and roleplaying games...how much time do ya think I have to do anything else? :confused:

Well, in the time I do have, I write (doing so right now as I'm browsing), play several CCGs, read as much as time permits, and peruse enworld as regularly as I can.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Spending time with my wife and two boys (5 and 2).
Fishing, hunting, hiking, target shooting
Cooking, reading, play my guitar, and I'm also a frequent contributor to Penthouse Forum :lol:

(always wanted to say that.......or put it on a resume')

I used to teach 100 and 200 level courses in IT at the proverbial "large, conservative, midwestern University" (guess which...), and *really* miss it.

Last edited:

Bass Puppet

First Post
As for me,

I collect and spin rare groove and old soul/funk. I produce downtempo and Drum n Bass. I jam with a drummer every other week. I addicted to bbqing and cooking italian. I like good European ales and California home grown. I'm an absolute movie junky.

And I love Adult Swim.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Bass Puppet said:
I collect and spin rare groove and old soul/funk. I produce downtempo and Drum n Bass. I jam with a drummer every other week.
A. Are you available for parties? In Vancouver, BC?
B. Have you got original work you're willing to share?
C. Where do you jam?
D. Have you heard the now-sadly-defunct Australian funk band Swoop?

Give up the funk, dude... :D

Chauzu

First Post
Korgan26 said:
Just curious,
Myself I love backpacking, rock climbing and playing disc golf.
Anything in the sunshine!
Sooooo, wadda you do??

Zach

Photography, weightlifting, blowing stuff up, writing, and some other stuff... as well as sex of course. ;)

Bass Puppet

First Post
barsoomcore said:
A. Are you available for parties? In Vancouver, BC?
B. Have you got original work you're willing to share?
C. Where do you jam?
D. Have you heard the now-sadly-defunct Australian funk band Swoop?

Give up the funk, dude... :D

For the right price, I'll fly out the funk. I have some work, I just haven't had the time to mix it down properly for CD. But I have mixed down several tracks for vinyl. My drummer and I jam at Sound Arena in Garden Grove. They have fully equipt rehersal studios for $10 an hour. As of right now, we sound like Medeski Martin and Wood, without Medeski...lol! A fusion/funk keyboard player would fit so nicely with our style.

Never heard of the Australian funk band Swoop. link?

Oh, and I have a mix on Vibeflow radio http://www.vibeflow.com/m3u.pl/archive/qr/qr.2003-04-26.cain.1.mp3.m3u .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads