D&D Movie/TV Paramount+ Orders 8-episode D&D TV Show

According to Deadline, an 8-episode TV show has been ordered by Paramount+. The pilot epidode of this Dungeons & Dragons TV show was written by Rawson Mashall Thurber (Red Notice) who will also direct that episode.

Apparently multiple networks were interested in the show, with Paramount+ winning out.

The show is a partnership between Paramount+ and eOne, Hasbro's studio. Hasbro is currently in the process of selling eOne.

Dungeons-Dragons-Next-Edition-Out-Summer-2014-3306681213.jpg

Last edited:

Discovery was review bombed for political reasons. Almost all of its 1s use language like "woke" as a criticism.

Why? It was the third most watched series on Prime Video since its launch and is in the top 20 or right now. More than a year after its release it regularly pops into the 20 most watched shows in a week.

Not all complaints are about the, while I like Discovery, I hated the Klingon and some of the other cosmetics. Also Discovery always seems like it's trying find itself, SNW knew exactly what it was.

So no I don't buy the review bomb thing, maybe for Willow, not Discovery or Picard, both of gunuine deep flaws.

Or...
This is one of the reasons WotC dropped the OGL bomb now.
With Vox Machina season 2 out later this month, the D&D movie in March, and now a series in the works, D&D is starting to look like a hot media property. Could Hasbro/WotC stop someone else from making a D&D-based movie/series/video game using OGL content? This may be part of the reason they're heavily pushing the fiction that the OGL was never intended for anything other that print/PDF game resources.

Perhaps, but it won't work, because revoking OGL 1.1 is illegal and all they did is burn themselves instead.

Okay bring this back to the D&D show they are saying broader scope, which could suggests War of the Lance, but they are also emphasising the story is setting up a broader cinematic universe, which precludes that and even DL in general.

The second thing also precludes Eberron and Darksun.

There are 3 settings that could match those standards as they are have broad links to other settings, Planescape (Sigil , but Planescape unlikely this early on), Spelljammer more likely, but even if Spelljammer is involved it likely won't start in Spelljammer, its most likely the Forgotten Realms, but possibly with Spelljammer elements.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Okay bring this back to the D&D show they are saying broader scope, which could suggests War of the Lance, but they are also emphasising the story is setting up a broader cinematic universe, which precludes that and even DL in general.

There are 3 settings that could match those standards as they are have broad links to other settings, Planescape (Sigil , but Planescape unlikely this early on), Spelljammer more likely, but even if Spelljammer is involved it likely won't start in Spelljammer, its most likely the Forgotten Realms, but possibly with Spelljammer elements.
Since it is connected to the movie, I expect that it's Forgotten Realms, just not the same three cities in 5e

Btw a Drizzt series by John Wick creator has been mentioned in some articles, but no new news on that front other then seeing it confirmed as being a Drizzt story. This is seperate from the Paramount+ show.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not all complaints are about the, while I like Discovery, I hated the Klingon and some of the other cosmetics. Also Discovery always seems like it's trying find itself, SNW knew exactly what it was.

So no I don't buy the review bomb thing, maybe for Willow, not Discovery or Picard, both of gunuine deep flaws.

It got review bombed it's better than 20% I would go between 50-70% for early seasons.

Relative to early seasons of TNG/Voyager it's not that bad lol. Discovery is weak here and there but mein gott season 1 if TNG/Voyager is bad (I couldn't watch them Discovery while rough wasn't that bad.).

Thought season 3 was a lot better.

Since it is connected to the movie, I expect that it's Forgotten Realms, just not the same three cities in 5e

Maybe somewhere on the Sea of Fallen Stars. I hope so, it's my favourite part of FR, so many cool nations and locations.

Any guesses on the villian? I'm guessing either a multiversial threat or someone connected to one.

And could it have Elminster? I think the John Wick guy has dibbs on Drizzt.

Oofta

Legend
Honestly, with the streaming wars ending, I think a lot of these shows (if they make it to market) will likely be on one of the big survivors. I don't have any faith that Paramount or NBC, for instance, will find it worth pouring loss leader money into their channels long enough for this show to air.

And I think most consumers will be happy to have fewer channels to subscribe to, as those survivors pick up content from the shuttered streamers.
In no way do I support or engage in piracy, but this meme does sometimes represent my thoughts on the "good ol' days" of Netflix domination.
anool56fb8s21.png

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Maybe somewhere on the Sea of Fallen Stars. I hope so, it's my favourite part of FR, so many cool nations and locations.

Any guesses on the villian? I'm guessing either a multiversial threat or someone connected to one.

And could it have Elminster? I think the John Wick guy has dibbs on Drizzt.
100% chance it's set in the Sword Coast and never leaves it. Just floating between

• Waterdeep.
  • Neverwinter.
  • Luskan.
  • Baldur's Gate.
Also, 0% chance of Dark Elves. They aren't going to chance the wrong impression with "Purple Face" or whatever color they make Drow now.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases