[Pathfinder] mazzoli's Kingmaker IC

Kaodi

Hero
Pixie gives Rhote a weak, innocent looking smile, and as soon as his gaze moves away she sticks out her tongue at him. Says the man with the horns...

"What is there to find out?" Pixie asks, keeping her voice low enough not to attract too much attention from the Levetons, and somewhat bored by these folks antics. "They run around, they take peoples' money, sometimes they shoot at them or stab them. All you need to figure out is how to keep 'em from getting away."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote looks mockingly at Pixie and asks, "My dear, I need some advice. We have a number of options available to us. We could try to take the bandits as they come into the post, or we could also try to ambush them outside of it. If we take them on the inside of the post, we can trap them so none escape. However, if we take them on their journey to the post, we can avoid property damage and any implications that we are working for the people here. What would work most against you if you were a dirty, filthy bandit?"

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jaux watchs the interaction between the two for a few moments before speaking. "I was thinking of sitting just off the path outside the gate and striking when they passed. If someone could keep their attention long enough I could strike one...maybe two down before they even know what happened."

Kaodi

Hero
"And when they get wise?" asks Pixie, rolling her eyes. "Are going to face down ten bandits alone? Or chase them down if they run?"

Pointing to Kyria, the former bandit says, "Why not ask her? She seems like she has a plan."

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jaux looks to Pixie as she rolls her eyes. "Did I say anything about being alone? I mentioned defeating a couple bandits before they got wise to our," he motions to the group "plan. Hiding and letting them past was one part of the plan. Kyria could climb atop a tree or one of the many buildings close to the walls. You could come with me along with Bron to ambush from behind while she takes her pick of targets from her perch. We could cover the road with oil and allow Rhote to cast some kind of magical fire to engulf them and kill any that escape the blaze. There are many different ways it can it play out." He pulls his axe from the stump. "Just remember that a plan, even a good one, rarely survives contact with the enemy."

He turns to face Kyria. "Lady Kyria what is it that you wish us to do?" He inclines his head slightly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Shouldn't we? I mean do we have to just start killing?" Bron starts to ask.

"I know that if they are bandits it's the axe or rope for them, but couldn't we at least give them a choice, before we talk of burning them alive."
he says with a shudder.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jaux flashes a smile at Bron. "The plan I laid out is just an example of the actions we could take. If Prince Liam wants to talk to the bandits then that is the action we'll take. But Bron you know as well as me that most dealings with bandits end with someone dead."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Shouldn't we? I mean do we have to just start killing?" Bron starts to ask.

"I know that if they are bandits it's the axe or rope for them, but couldn't we at least give them a choice, before we talk of burning them alive."
he says with a shudder.

Rhote's tone changes to a softer tone when he speaks to his sibling, "Bron, if it was just us I would be fine with trying to talk it out first, if that is your desire. But in this case we are not only risking our own lives, but those who have made a formal request of Prince Liam's aid. If anything were to go wrong with the negotiations, and harm came to these people, it would put an end to his ambitions here. Pixie is correct, in that we can't give them the chance to run off and then be searching for them through the entire wood."

Shayuri

First Post
Kyria bows her head. "You do the title disservice, sir," she says humbly. "Please...just Kyria."

"As for the plan, it's something the Prince and I discussed that he's leaving to me to prepare to do."

She indicates the trading post's walls with a wave of her finger.

"We take up concealed locations around this area. They will arrive, not expecting trouble, and stroll inside. At that time, the jugs of lamp oil that..." she glances at the owner, not forgetting that he hasn't replied to her yet, "...I'm sure there's a surplus of...are thrown at their feet. I'll ignite it with an arrowshot from the roof."

"While they're distracted by the fire, you secure the doors so they cannot escape, and kill them. Save one for questioning if you like. I'm sure that their leader is elsewhere, with more men, waiting for them to deliver his tribute. If a captive tells us where, fine. Otherwise we track them back. They're fools, they're soft, they're not used to being opposed. We strike hard, and fast, and break them before they can get their footing."

She paused, and glanced at the Prince. "So I was bade to tell."

Remove ads