Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

frostrune

First Post
My view is that the improved unarmed attack feat is all I would require for this, or you can take improved shield bash but call it "glaswegian fighting style" (okay, bit of a Scottish joke that one), and of course just change the feat so that you use knees, head, elbow, finger gouges, etc.

What you are talking about is combining some aspects that would not normally be combined to add a lot of flavour to your character, and I am all for that.

So take this as my blessing to go ahead with your plan. Single feat only. Either take one as discussed, or create a new one that does the same thing.

AWESOME! And thanks hewligan. My next feat doesn't come up until 6th level so we've got a bit of time until we see this in play. If Jokad even survives... :heh:

5th - BARB 4/ RGR 1
6th - BARB 4/ RGR 2 (get 2 weapon fighting style, Feat: Imp. Unarmed strike)

Friadoc, glad you're feeling better.

Rhun

First Post
Danth will probably stick with straight cleric, unless some fancy prestige class catches my eye. Radiant Servant of Sarenae (Pelor), maybe, when he can qualify? Can't remember what books are allowed.

hewligan

First Post
Danth will probably stick with straight cleric, unless some fancy prestige class catches my eye. Radiant Servant of Sarenae (Pelor), maybe, when he can qualify? Can't remember what books are allowed.

I only own core books (and lots of campaign material - I am a fluff junky), so if you want to use non-core all I ask is that you send me some info on what the class gives you and I will make a judgement (or some recommended changes) in the interest of balance. Some 3rd party stuff is very overpowered, so there are definitely some things I would veto.

Rhun

First Post
I only own core books (and lots of campaign material - I am a fluff junky), so if you want to use non-core all I ask is that you send me some info on what the class gives you and I will make a judgement (or some recommended changes) in the interest of balance. Some 3rd party stuff is very overpowered, so there are definitely some things I would veto.

I don't really have any 3rd party stuff...everything I have is Wizards of the Coast. All the Complete Books, PHB2, etc. Still, some of the things in those books are still overpowered.

Friadoc

Explorer
I don't really have any 3rd party stuff...everything I have is Wizards of the Coast. All the Complete Books, PHB2, etc. Still, some of the things in those books are still overpowered.

One of the biggest complaints about d20 from folks is power creep, but, then again, you can always tell if someone played Rifts before d20, because they talk about the level of power creep in completely different tones.

Rhun

First Post
One of the biggest complaints about d20 from folks is power creep, but, then again, you can always tell if someone played Rifts before d20, because they talk about the level of power creep in completely different tones.

Ah, Rifts. I remember the Norse Giant PC I made from Pantheons of the Multiverse...I showed up to my DM's house, and he went bug-eyed when he say the PC. The PC had like 7000MDC, and regenerated something like 100-600MDC per round. He was virtually indestructable! LOL. Good times.

Friadoc

Explorer
Once thing to remember about Action Points is that they're applied before any result is given out, thus they're not a guarantee of success or a way to snatch power from the DM/GM.

Overall, they're a finite luck generator whose application is in the players hands, but can fail just as often as regular moments in a given campaign, as they only add a modest chance for success. It's been my experience that they're only effective in places where there character would have missed by only a couple points.

Action Points :: d20srd.org

I go back and forth on using them, most of my experience has been using them in d20 Modern and Star Wars and, honestly, we forget to use them, a lot. *chuckles* But, when we do remember them, they've saved our backsides.

hewligan

First Post
Possible slow weeks

Just to expand upon what I briefly mentioned on the IC thread:

I am involved in some pretty serious professional study right now - including 5 days out of the office this coming week on an intensive course on Securities and Derivatives (last week was regulatory principles - exciting stuff!). There is no internet access during the day, and some days I get home late, so expect the odd day where there is no update.

Following this study course I will then be having a few study days off work, and then 2 exams. All of this will be happening between now and the middle of December (assuming I pass both exams, later if I don't). Then immediately after these exams I have 1 other short exam that I really want to try and get through by the end of December.

I will still be posting MOST DAYS, but every now and then I will disappear for a day or two when the going gets intensive.

Lastly, I am staying at home at Christmas (family coming to me this year), so there should be no problem for me over the Christmas period, but please let me know if you are going to be away.

Thanks all for the patience!

Friadoc

Explorer
It's all good, hewligan. No worries, as I'm sure we all know how life can get, especially the important stuff, and we're a patient bunch, too, player and DM alike. ;)

Remove ads