Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [IC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The newly made Pathfinders return to the Pinnace, weary but triumphant after their long night of trials. Venture-Captain Pelligrew is waiting for you; as you enter the Pinnace you catch him pacing the floor worriedly. He stops as soon as he notices you and puts on the gruff face you are all more familiar with from your years in training under his 'gentle' tutelage.

"About time you returned! You're Pathfinders, in the names of all the Gods, not some molly-coddled Aspis jack-a-napes! You should have been able to wrap that little bit of daring-do up in an hour or two! Instead you were gone all night, caus . . ." He breaks off his tirade suddenly, as though realizing what he was about to say.

As he speaks he's bustling around the Pinnace's common room, putting together some sort of hot concoction behind the bar and setting places at the table for the four of you and Yargos.

Soon everyone is seated with what turns out to be a very nice whiskey and coffee, Marrow Chomper has a spot near the hearth and a big soup bone, and your Venture-Captain settles in to hear the tale of your adventures.

~~~ About An Hour Later ~~~

Parnham leans back in his chair, his massive frame making the wood creak alarmingly, and chuckles. "Well, lads, it seems you've done me proud after all. This is one for the Chronicles for certain, and I can't recall right off hand when the last time a group of such wet-behind-the-ears Pathfinders fresh out of training acquitted themselves so well. Makes my next decision a little easier . . ." With these somewhat ominous words, the big man rises and steps out of the room for a moment, returning shortly with a softly clinking bag for each of you. "Take it, you've earned it. I've got rooms for you upstairs; get some sleep, and take a week off on me. Be back here at 17th bell next Oathday; I'll have an assignment for you then. You should say any goodbyes you need to say in the city, and come prepared for an extended voyage."

In short order you're hustled upstairs to your rooms, shown the location of a bathing chamber, and left to your own devices as Parnham retires for the evening . . .

[sblock=OOC]OK, in each of your pouches you find 50 GP. You've got a week in town to take care of anything you need to, including supplying yourselves for an 'extended voyage.'[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa enjoys the companionship and camaraderie of the evening but is anxious to be in bed. Once to her room, she will bend her knee to the Sun-Goddess and at first light she will be off the the temple in town.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Everyone sleeps soundly, secure in the knowledge that you've put in a good night's work and saved the city.

The morning dawns bright and clear. Lerissa performs her devotions to the rising sun. As she rises and looks out the window, she's rewarded with the sight of a covey of doves flying through a cloud that looks suspiciously like an ankh.

Leaf wakes to the sound of the gentle surf washing against the wharves of the harbor and a warm breeze redolent with the scent of magnolia blossoms of all things.

Abraxis' room is showered in the golden rays of the sunrise, which reflect from the water bowl on his vanity and the dust motes to fill the air with golden sparkles.

[sblock=OOC]I don't think I recognized before that all three of you have faith based classes as one of your Gestalts . . . we've got a really Holy party going here. Even Ryan's character has a religious bent, though he's not a divine type class.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Everyone sleeps soundly, secure in the knowledge that you've put in a good night's work and saved the city.

Abraxis' room is showered in the golden rays of the sunrise, which reflect from the water bowl on his vanity and the dust motes to fill the air with golden sparkles.

Abraxis lays in bed, enjoying the softness of the mattress beneath him, and the warmth of the golden sunshine filling the room. After a few moments he rises, ready to get his day underway. He spends sometime in prayer, and then goes through a simple calisthenics routine to loosen the muscles and strengthen the body. When that is finally done, he uses the basin in the room to wash, and then dons his garb and gear. He then heads downstairs, ready to head out into the city. Perhaps he would spend a bit of the reward they had earned, if he found something to pique his interests.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf was not idle even though he was given a week off till his next assignment. It took a couple days of searching the large city of Absalom for a suitable orphange for Marrow Chopper. When he had finally come across a small little building run by an old Varisians woman he knew right away that the dog would be happy there.

The children though frightened at first by Leaf and the dog, soon were running back and forth wavying a stick as Marrow gave chase and tried to take it away from them.

When finally Leaf got around to the talk of payment he waved way the woman's protest of not being able to afford the dog. Leaf told her he would stop in from time to time and make sure that by taking in Marrow Chopper she did not have to worry about things like that. He gave the old nun a smalll sack with most of the money he had recieved from Parnham.

Happy he was able to bring a smile to the children's faces and give the poor dog a new home he set out for the market. Nothing really stuck out at Leaf till he saw a copper backed compass. It was a neat little item the man selling it described could help you never get lost "even undergroud," he stated. So having the little extra money Leaf bought the item and pocketed it before returning home.

The next few days went by quickly as Leaf readied himself for the upcoming trip.

[sblock=OOC] I have updated the OP page with the compass (10gp .5lb) and add 10 gp to my money section I gave 30gp to the orphanage.

Also I took the Ocean sudomain but kept my other domain the same Leaf an I are ready for the next chapter. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Excellent! Anything specific for Abraxis and Lerissa to take care of?

I'm working on the intro for Souls for Smuggler's Shiv - trying to figure out exactly how I want to play it. Got a few other irons in the fire that are keeping me pretty busy right now so it may be a few days, but it's coming together.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Excellent! Anything specific for Abraxis and Lerissa to take care of?

I'm working on the intro for Souls for Smuggler's Shiv - trying to figure out exactly how I want to play it. Got a few other irons in the fire that are keeping me pretty busy right now so it may be a few days, but it's coming together.[/sblock]

I've not had time to really look through the changes yet. GF is out of town for a few days this weekend, hopefully I can get to it then. I'm sure she'll also want a new toy.

Remove ads