• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of the Damned, Pt. 1: Through the Drakwald

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Initiative
Falandror 59
Mutants 35
Winifred 33
Grimkrag 29
Ottokar 28

Surprise Round
Falandror waits until the rushing mutants reach the line, and he swings his sword at the first one to reach him, the one with the snout, missing. The one with the snout grins, its mouth full of yellowed and rotting teeth, and bears down on the elf, who is able to fend off the attack rather gracefully. The others match up with the rest of you — the one with tentacles with Ottokar, the one with three eyes with Grimkrag, and the one with the horn with Winifred. Grimkrag somehow manages to avoid being hurt, despite his surprise, while Ottokar and Winifred are less lucky — Ottokar takes a club to the head [8 wounds], while Winifred catches a club in the upper portion of her right leg [5 wounds]. Ottokar, slightly woozy but rather angry, slams his warhammer into the body of the tentacled mutant, damn near knocking it clear off its feet.

Conditions
Falandror, uninjured
Grimkrag, uninjured
Ottokar, lightly wounded (4/12 wounds)
Winifred, lightly wounded (6/11 wounds)
Mutant (horn), uninjured
Mutant (tentacles), heavily wounded
(1/11 wounds)
Mutant (three eyes), uninjured
Mutant (snout), uninjured

Round 1
Falandror renews his attack, feinting slightly with his dagger, while plunging his rapier at the mutant in front of him. He misses again but manages to put himself in a good position to parry any attacks. As the snout-nosed mutant attempts to bludgeon him, the elf deftly redirects the club with his dagger. Meanwhile, the tentacled mutant goes right back at Ottokar's head with his club, but the Sigmarite manages to deflect it with his warhammer. The other two mutants have no success with Grimkrag or Winifred.

Grimkrag hits the three-eyed mutant with his dagger but fails to do more than scrape its leg, as Winifred, her bow out, steps away from the mutant in front of her, dodging its club, and fires her bow at it, sinking an arrow deep into the creature's left arm. Ottokar, who is hardest beset by the foe in front of him, finds his latest attack redirected by a slight catch-and-tug maneuver by the tentacled movement, in which the abomination wraps its tentacle around the shaft of his warhammer and pulls it away from his body.

Conditions
Falandror, uninjured
Grimkrag, uninjured
Mutant (horn), heavily wounded
(1/11 wounds)
Mutant (tentacles), heavily wounded
(1/11 wounds)
Mutant (three eyes), uninjured
Mutant (snout), uninjured[sblock]Insight: Please use Invisible Castle to roll dice; it speeds things up for me immeasurably if I only have to roll for the monsters. Also, for the first round of combat, I assumed a standard attack/parry deal — I know that you get a free parry because you're carrying two weapons, but I assumed the most conservative option possible in lieu of having Falandror do something you wouldn't want him to do.

Wilphe: I had Winifred disengage in order to use her bow. She did avoid the free attack.

Everyone: If you have any comments or questions, please post them in the OOC thread. As far as I know, I've got everything right here, but I'm not perfect, and your feedback will be helpful. :) Please post two more rounds for me.[/sblock]

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag grins as he barely manages to escape harm.
"Is that your best you son of a beast?"
He clutches his dagger tightly as he takes multiple fast swings at the three eyed mutant.

[sblock=OOC]1st round:
Swift Attack with Dagger = 41 and 13 Both hits!
One hit to the head that does 4+1=5 points of damage.
One hit to the right arm that does 1d10=5+1=6 points of damage.

Dodge Blow Test (1d100=88) is a failure.

2nd round:
Swift Attack with dagger (1d100=48, 1d100=43)
One hit to the right leg doing 1d10=2+1=3 Points of damage.
One hit to the right arm doing 1d10=4+1=5 points of damage.

Dodge blow test (1d100=26) is a success. First successful attack in 2nd round does no damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Falandror smiles, the scrimmage reminding him of youthful brawls in the Free City. "Press them, good fellows," he suggests. "They are unskilled and savage. We shall certainly win the day!"

[sblock][OOC: Falandror will continue to attack with the longsword, and use the dagger to parry. WS 33 against 1d100=54. Parry if needed 1d100=39 - suck and more suck!][/sblock]

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred gives a low curse as the club hits her, then throws her bow to the ground and draws weapons more suitible to the situation in hand. She strikes out quickly with the foil, then, having regained her balance, sets up for the moment to launch a counterattack. She thirsts for vengence against the mutant that struck her, but she keeps her head and will concentrate on finishing off any other attacker who is more wounded first.

ooc:
[sblock]
Round 1:
Half Action - Draw Foil and Main Gauche
Attack with Foil: 31 - hits, (Generated two rolls, take the 1st = 1point of damage)
Dodge/Parry for that attack is at-10
Her only parry: If necessary = 53 Fails

Round 2:
Aim.
Then attack with Foil:
Attack = 29 (Success)
Parry = 29 (Sucess)
Take 2nd damage roll from 1st time round = 3

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=Winifred
[/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Initiative
Falandror 59
Mutants 35
Winifred 33
Grimkrag 29
Ottokar 28

Round 2
Falandror presses his attack with much panache but little success, although he manages to avoid being attacked all the same. Meanwhile, the one with tentacles swings its club at the initiate of Sigmar again, only to find that Ottokar is able to repulse the attack deftly. Meanwhile, Grimkrag, in an effort to dodge an incoming blow, steps into the club of his attacker, taking a solid shot to the head [5 wounds]. The dwarf's ears start to ring. The horned mutant has no success pressing his attack on Winifred, and the noble returns it just as successfully, hitting the mutant square in the side, but doing no damage.

Grimkrag, slightly dizzy, has better success, opening up small, but deep, wounds on the three-eyed mutant's head and right arm. Ottokar also has success, slamming his hammer into the right shoulder of the tentacled mutant, knocking it clean off. The mutant stands gaping at the amount of blood, wobbles a little bit, and then dies of shock.

Conditions
Falandror, uninjured
Grimkrag, lightly wounded (6/11 wounds)
(1/11 wounds)
Mutant (tentacles)
Mutant (three eyes), heavily wounded
(0/11 wounds)
Mutant (snout), uninjured

Round 3
The elf continues to have little success against his opponent, which seems to anticipate Falandror's every attack. The snouted mutant grins horribly, swinging his club at the elf's right leg, but Falandror finds defense far easier than offense and flicks the attack away with his dagger. Winifred and Grimkrag also successfully avoid the attacks of their mutant counterparts, the former deflecting it with her sword and the latter sidestepping adroitly.

Winifred again plunges her foil into the furry, horned mutant in front of her but has no luck piercing its thick skin. Grimkrag continues to pick apart his foe with his dagger, sinking it deep into the pocket of nerves at the elbow; its right hand springs open, and it drops its club to the ground. Ottokar, surveying the battle, moves to help Falandror, who seems to be having the most trouble of all the combatants. He slams his hammer into the creature's right shoulder, which emits a satisfying crack [5 wounds].

Meanwhile, three watchmen come out of the harried mob on the Ackerplatz, eager to assist your group.

Conditions
Falandror, uninjured
Grimkrag, lightly wounded (6/11 wounds)
(1/11 wounds)
Mutant (tentacles)
Mutant (three eyes), heavily wounded
(0/11 wounds), right hand useless
Mutant (snout), lightly wounded
(6/11 wounds)
[sblock]Lot: I assumed that Ottokar would assist the person having the most trouble, and that was Falandror.

Insight: I assumed that Falandror would continue his assault, based on the verve in his words in your last post.

Everyone: Two more rounds, please.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lot

First Post
Ottokar, excited by the defeat of his first foe but enraged that any enemies still stand, continues to attack the mutant with the snout. He us well-aware that this monster could turn on him at any moment, so he maintains a careful defensive stance.

[sblock=OOC]First Round: Parrying stance (half action) and attack (half action). Attack: 98 (miss), Parry: 1 (success)

Second Round: Parrying stance (half action) and attack (half action). Attack: 16 (hit), Damage: 6, Parry: 23 (success)[/sblock]

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag hocks up some phlegm mixed with blood before spitting it at his opponent.
"Now I end your life."
Grimkrag screams a fierce battle cry in dwarven as he again starts attacking the Mutant.

[sblock=OOC]Round 1:
Swift Attack with Dagger. (1d100=44, 1d100=40) 2 Hits!
One hit to the left arm that deals 1d10=5+1=6 points of damage.
One hit to the head that deals 1d10=3+1=4 points of damage.
Dodge blow test (1d100=89) is a failure.

Round 2:
Choose as appropriate:
a) Should the mutant be dead I will attempt to pick up his weapon (provided it is a hand weapon or better) and move towards the nearest foe.
b) If the mutant isn't dead I will again start a swift attack with my dagger.
Attack 1 (1d100=62) and Attack 2 (1d100=97) both misses.
And attempt to dodge the next blow at me: Dodge blow test (1d100=87) is a failure.
c) Should the Mutant be dead but it's weapon is worse than my dagger, then I will simply charge the next foe and attempt to dodge the next blow thrown at me.
Which would result in a miss and a failed dodge blow test.[/sblock]

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred gives a quiet smile, "Hah! Two to One now," she drops back and weaves a pattern of steel in front of her while she assess the situation, before striking out at the horned beast in front of her.

occ:
[sblock]
Round 4:
Aim & Attack
Attack = 91 (wide)
Parry = 10 (Sucess)

Round 5:
Aim and Attack
Attack = 72 (Wide)
Parry = 25 (Sucess)

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=Winifred
Well, at least she's not getting hit...
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"Ah, the rise in the blood... a telltale sign that the battle is in flow," Falandror says, lashing his longsword at the mutant before him.

[sblock]
[OOC: WS 33 vs. 1d100=27. If this is a hit, damage is 1d10+2=12... This should invoke Ulric's Fury, so add 1d10+2=12 LOL I think it's dead, but the Fury continues... 1d10+2=6. I don't have the crit rules in front of me, so I'll add those later if need be. If I need a parry roll: 1d100=16 ]
[/sblock]

Remove ads