D&D 4E Pemertonian Scene-Framing; A Good Approach to D&D 4e

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the one. It is how things begin on SA. Someone posts a "grognard" quote to get a kind of communal mocking going on. Not all of them take off of course.

This would be [MENTION=85555]Bedrockgames[/MENTION] interpretation of that thread. Rather than it looking for both the worst and, occasionally the best message board posts, and being a stress relief valve. Of course, as I found out a few days ago, [MENTION=85555]Bedrockgames[/MENTION] isn't happy that he's been quoted on that thread a few times. You know, if you don't like it, reading won't make you any happier about it.

It was me. And Justin Alexander's spectacular post #404 was I think the first time I've ever immortalised an enworld post on grognards.txt. @S'mon, you've actually been quoted there approvingly four or five times in the past year or so, so maybe in your case not knowing about it has saved you from a curse of a swelled head ;)

This would be @Bedrockgames interpretation of that thread. Rather than it looking for both the worst and, occasionally the best message board posts, and being a stress relief valve. Of course, as I found out a few days ago, @Bedrockgames isn't happy that he's been quoted on that thread a few times. You know, if you don't like it, reading won't make you any happier about it.

I won't get into this with you here, but Grognardtxt is almost universally about reposting things in order to mock them.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

So, I think at this point the thread has been sufficiently derailed. Time for an official word or two, as we've had some discussion of this...

Posting things on other boards is not typically actionable. However, on EN World we want our posters to feel welcome, and comfortable posting their thoughts and opinions. And, we expect our posters to treat fellow posters and their ideas and opinions with respect. Dragging their posts off where they will be mocked without expectation of defense does not leave people feeling like it is safe to enter discussion here, and it shows a marked disrespect for the people and their thoughts. Actionable or not, it is kind of a jerk move.

This thread, and a couple of others lately, have had a lot of sub-radar sniping, snarking, and edition warring. We've let a lot of things pass, giving folks the benefit of the doubt. This kind of thing, though, rather removes doubt.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads