• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PF]Cruel Skies

Padreigh

First Post
Are we allowed to purchase magical items? I am not sure what was meant by "standard gear". I took that to mean mundane, but perhaps I was wrong. :p

This is planning to be a combat heavy campaign, right? Is anyone concerned we might be a little weak? We have so far the following:
Barbarian
Ranger (archer build)
Rogue/Bard
Wizard (illusionist)
Rogue

We apparently miss a tank and healer.

Indeed. We might be able to talk our way of some nasty situations and use tricks to avoid others, but in a proper slugfest we are rather weak.

I might change to Paladin to give us a bit more melee strength, if the rest also thinks that we are too weak.
I'd really would have liked to test the Bard/Rogue combo, but with a proper rogue and an illusionist that might be combo might be a bit redundant.

I might change to Paladin to give us a bit more melee strength, if the rest also thinks that we are too weak.
I think you should go with the bard/rogue concept that you pitched earlier in the thread. It's what you most want to play, which in turn is likely to lead to a more vibrant character for you and for the group.

Someone else who hasn't yet dreamt up their PC should think about playing "the beef." Me, maybe. Could go Cleric of X with Strength and something-something as domains.

ghostcat

First Post
Trorg is not a bad tank, 52 hit points, only middling AC but a really big sword (+10 TH, 2d6+7 dmg).

I haver now posted the Character Sheet in the RG.

Note: I have taken the Hot Weather Outfit from the PFSRD. Although not strictly core, it make sense to have Hot Weather clothes in a desert.

Last edited:

Werit

[sblock=Background]"Werit: A Dwarf who has forgotten where he placed his tankard of ale; a state of befuddlement." Werit Tograth is veteran of two wars. Since being pressed into service as a medic, Werit hasn't been home for many years and has forgotten some of the essence of what it is to be a dwarf. Werit has seen and experienced a lot, not all of it pleasant. Not quite right in the head, Werit is prone to saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong people. He frequently--even if inadvertently--mangles things and has a knack with fire.[/sblock]

Male Dwarf Cleric 4
Deity: Gorum
Domains: Destruction, War

Str 14
Dex 12
Con 16
Int 11
Wis 17
Cha 10

...more in the Rogue's Gallery.

Last edited:

I need to spend Werit's 6000 gp, but the rest of his bones are sketched out in the Rogue's Gallery. Is there a cap per item on what we may spend on individual magic items?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Questions on items:
I also want to purchase the following listed in the PFSRD:
Compass
Masterwork backpack
Blunt Arrows
Armor-Piercing Arrows

Any restrictions on Animal Companions? Planning on a lion at the moment.

Lughart

First Post
Blunt arrows are ok, but I think well just use MW arrows in place of armor piercing ones. All other equipment is fine.

Only restrictions I'm putting on animal companions is not to get one that would clash completely with the desert environment.

Let's see, background plus lion. There are woods across mountains a ways to the north, plus a coastal city where she would have grown up. (The setting is used in my RL campaign, but we haven't ever left the sandy desert. Feel free to add details if you want) Southeast of the mountains lie Vhol, in the middle of a large area of plains. Here she could have found the lion before venturing south into the proper desert. Yes, this works.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think Mwk Arrows would not stack with a Mwk bow. The AP arrows would since they help pierce the worn or natural armor. But they aren't in the AGP anyway, so I won't use them.

My second choice on the animal companion is an eagle or hawk, which I assume would match even easier than the lion. From a practical standpoint though, a lion adds another token/counter on the tactical grid, making things even more crowded if we go into dungeons. But then again, I think she has a horse for transportation as well.

I have these adjustments on paper, but I hope to transfer them in later today.

Remove ads