• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City IC Thread

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"Faith in the democratic institutions seems obviously misplaced at this juncture. But if man has failed us, so far the gods have not. Let us remand this creature to the keeping of St. Cuthbert and his clergy."
Getting a better look at the skulk's wounds, Jon sighs and agrees. "We will not be able to heal it soon enough. I do not know if haste is required, but if we could have some words with it before we entered the enclave, we would be better informed. Even if the Cuthbert priests will not heal it, they will at least be able to decide how justice should be done."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dowlee looks at Jon and Arak, and then at Remen, shrugging. "I'm not great at this, but okay..." She looks over the creature's wounds and requests some cloth to bind any obvious wounds. "Well, he's not dying, there's not a lot I can do for him unless I use a bit of magic..."

ooc: Is the skulk bound? Dowlee will insist he is tied to something, first, before she does anything. She'll use a spell if so asked, but remember a 1st level character doesn't get a lot of those things--she has cure lights but not cure minors.

stonegod

Jdvn1 said:
ooc: Is the skulk bound? Dowlee will insist he is tied to something, first, before she does anything. She'll use a spell if so asked, but remember a 1st level character doesn't get a lot of those things--she has cure lights but not cure minors.
OOC: He's manacled. Jon has decided that healing it will probably not be useful for us to do; thus the go-to-the-Church suggestion.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"That thing..." Remen stares at the manacled creature "the only thing I heard about all this was some rumors about strange fellows in the dark... the must be real good at hiding their track" from the tone of his voice, he doesn't like that at all.

Always know where you stand... knowing who is beside you is integral part of it

"After we question him, do with him whatever you will..."

Malvoisin

First Post
(OOC: It seems that a consensus has been reached...close enough, anyway! :p )

Although the party is eager to descend into Jzadirune before the skulk sentry's absence is noted, they also wish to learn what the thing knows before they blindly enter the enclave. With that in mind, the group decides to deliver the unconscious creature to the Church of St. Cuthbert. (OOC: Not sure if everyone wants to go to the church or not, but I've made some assumptions. In any case, I'm not expecting this to take long...)

The skulk is borne between Arak and Remen with one of Ghelve's old sheets draped over it, so as not to attract too much undue attention. Even so, some local townsfolk do stop to stare at the odd procession traveling through the streets. Still, the party arrives uneventfully at the church. Arak and Remen, now quite tired, are grateful to lay the creature down on the cold stone.

Within moments, Jenya Urikas has been summoned and appraised of the situation. She seems pleased that the party has learned much, and divined a part of the Star of Justice's riddle. She agrees, "I can see that it would be best to learn what this creature knows before entering the gnome stronghold. I will heal it, so that you may speak with it. Is it securely bound?" Satisfied that the skulk is locked up tight, Jenya intones a prayer to St. Cuthbert. As she prays, the creature's wounds begin to close...then suddenly, its eyes snap open. Immediately, it begins thrashing back and forth, and howling frantically. The chains binding it hold fast, but the beast is raising quite a ruckus. It certainly doesn't seem anything close to cooperative. Jenya looks over to Jon, saying, "I believe this is your line of expertise, Master Telnbalm?"

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Does it understand thet if it doesn't cooperate it is ending up dead?" not asking anyone in particular, just allowing those words to fall upon the skulk.

stonegod

Jon nods at the priest, and then concentrates on the skulk. The Voices rise within him, accompanined by a rising hum in the room. It gets louder and then---nothing.

OOC: attraction on the skulk.

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
Jon nods at the priest, and then concentrates on the skulk. The Voices rise within him, accompanined by a rising hum in the room. It gets louder and then---nothing.

OOC: attraction on the skulk.

The skulk stops its noisome thrashing, and settles down. It focuses its creepy pupilless blue eyes on Jon and says, "What you want? Let that one not hurt me." It seems to mean Remen.

(OOC: Okay, now it's behaving well enough that you can talk to it. Fire away with the questions!)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"You stand upon hallowed ground, creature. Help us undo the damage that has been done, or be very certain of the state of your soul and your readiness to meet your makers."

stonegod

Malvoisin said:
The skulk stops its noisome thrashing, and settles down. It focuses its creepy pupilless blue eyes on Jon and says, "What you want? Let that one not hurt me." It seems to mean Remen.
Jon tries to keep its attention on him, as the power compels him to listen only to him. "As Sir Arak says, you may be spared if you answer our questions. First, why are you kidnapping people of Cauldron? Who sent you, and how do they identify who to take? What do they want with the taken? Second, when will your pressence be missed? When you are missed, will reinforcements be sent? Lastly, where are the kidnapped ones taken? Who and what guards it, and how can be bypass them any traps in our way?"

Hope he answers a few of them truthfully. The second is the most important, in some sense. Gives us time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads