• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City IC Thread

Question

First Post
"Exactly! If they know we know where their hideout is they will try and make a run for it, This shop cant be the only entrance....they had to get in some other way in the first place. At best they will try and prepare for our attack, and we will lose the advantage of surprise." Liracor replies.

Malvoisin

First Post
Legildur said:
Flannad acquiesces to Jon's plan.

The young whisper gnomes scratches his chin as he ponders what aid that Master Ghelve might be able to provide them. With Ghelve's offer on the map, Flannad decides to accompany him and speak with him about locks, as obviously the 'door with gears' is likely to challenge his own meagre skills.

"Liracor, why don't you sit on that skulk until the others arrive while I talk with Master Ghelve about locks?" he suggests, excited at the prospect of learning something from a master, as all locksmiths are also lockpicks!

"Master Ghelve, the door to Jzadirune. You mentioned that it is trapped. Do you know anything that would help me bypass those traps? Or any special tools I may need? Do you have any tools better than my own (ooc: masterwork thieves tools) that would help with locks and such?"

ooc: essentially just looking for any advice, knowledge or items that Ghelve may gift, advise or loan that would help with Search, Open Locks, Disable Device checks. He'll save the more general questions about the enclave until the others arrive.

Ghelve ascends to the second level of the shop as he talks to Flannad. "Unfortunately, my tools are a bit more complex than simple lockpicks and the like. They wouldn't do you much good unless you spent a long time learning the locksmith's trade. I'm sorry I can't be more help than that."

Ghelve enters his bedroom (presumably with Flannad right behind him). He unlocks the chest at the foot of his bed, and rummages around in the middle of three drawers. He tosses aside some scraps of paper, handwritten notes on the design of various locks, and then pulls out a map written on a tattered piece of coarse leather. "Here now, I think this may be of some use to you and your friends."

Attachments

• jzadiruneplayersmap.JPG
    jzadiruneplayersmap.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 56

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
Jon, while not particular out of shape, is not an athelete. Catching his breath, he has a hard time distinguishing between the Voices and the Morkoth's ambient voices, and for a moment looks dazed. Then, seeing the others, he makes his way to the paladin and halfling.

"Ah, Sir Arak. Mistress Dowlee. I believe I have found something of vital interest to our investigation. If you would, please follow. We will need Master Remen as well. I will fill you in on our way. You can tell me of your progress as well."

OOC: Assuming everyone follows w/o too much hassle, Jon will fill them in on the odd gnome, the skulk, and the mysterious gnomish enclave they are using. Essentially, an instant replay. He will specifically talk about the "Curtain" (red curtain), "Below Cauldron" (the enclave) and "Doors with Teeth" (gear doors) clues of the augury.:)

And will need to wait until the others decide what to do with the skulk before arriving.

OOC: Presumably, the other group will also fill in Jon, Flannad, and Liracor on what they have done and learned...Patch's connection to the Last Laugh, the not-so-successful attempt to learn anything at Cauldron's Town Hall, the counterfeit coin turning up at the Drunken Morkoth, etc.

It's not necessary to role-play the sharing of this info entirely, but a reaction here or there to something specific would be appropriate. Meanwhile, I assume that the others will want to accompany Jon back to Ghelve's Locks, but I'll wait for at least one of them to post as such.

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
It was worth the try...

"Good day then" says Remen as he rises from his seat and shakes the dwarf's hand "good game, hope we can repeat this"

Then he returns towards his companions, at Dowlee's inquiring look he shakes his head, and promptly asks Jon "What happened?"

OOC: he follows

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"What an odd thing to bother doing," Arak muses, pocketing the coin for later consideration.
Dowlee cocks her head. "You think?" She looks at the coin before Arak puts it away, "Jester mark, Last Laugh... I'm sure their influence isn't minor in the city. Did the gentleman say he didn't remember where he got the coin from?"

----------------------------

stonegod said:
Jon, while not particular out of shape, is not an athelete. Catching his breath, he has a hard time distinguishing between the Voices and the Morkoth's ambient voices, and for a moment looks dazed. Then, seeing the others, he makes his way to the paladin and halfling.

"Ah, Sir Arak. Mistress Dowlee. I believe I have found something of vital interest to our investigation. If you would, please follow. We will need Master Remen as well. I will fill you in on our way. You can tell me of your progress as well."
Dowlee nods, and signals to Remen, if he sees her. She waits for him to be ready, regardless, hoping he finds some useful information.
Land Outcast said:
It was worth the try...

"Good day then" says Remen as he rises from his seat and shakes the dwarf's hand "good game, hope we can repeat this"

Then he returns towards his companions, at Dowlee's inquiring look he shakes his head, and promptly asks Jon "What happened?"
While Jon fills them in on the happenings at Ghelve's Locks, Dowlee nods with interest. "Those clues are really coming together. Interesting. Hopefully the children aren't too far from help now. Oh, and the creature didn't hurt any of you? How lucky. What an odd situation for a locksmith."

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Dowlee cocks her head. "You think?" She looks at the coin before Arak puts it away, "Jester mark, Last Laugh... I'm sure their influence isn't minor in the city. Did the gentleman say he didn't remember where he got the coin from?"

OOC: Old Jed did not say, but he certainly did seem surprised that his coin was not authentic.

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Ghelve's Locks

Flannad looks over the map that Ghelve has provided, while he and Liracor discuss what to do with the unconscious skulk. Unable to agree on a solution to the problem, they wait for Jon to return.

After some time has passed, they hear the door of the shop open and close. Moments later, Jon, Remen, Dowlee and Arak come through the red curtain. The group is reunited, and excited about the collective progress that has been made in their mission.

(OOC: Okay, everyone has assembled at Ghelve's Locks. Let's try to wrap this scene up pretty quickly, and then I'll move you down into Jzadirune. Specifically, I need to know what you're doing with the skulk, and what arrangements/preparations are you making for the journey below-ground.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Jon rubs his chin at the other's stories, especially regarding Patch and the mayor's office. "Seems the authorities may not be fully willing to help, which is unfortunate. And the Last Laugh's continued involvement is distrubing." He says little else on the journey, lost in thought.

~~~

Once back at the shop, Jon notices the skulk is still unconscious. "I say we try to question him. Dowelee, if you can heal him a bit, perhaps mundanely, I will try to make him cooperative. Then, we will have a better idea on our next response."

OOC: Assuming no objections, use attraction on the skulk, while he is unconcious if that will guarantee success, conscious otherwise. Then have Dowlee use a Heal check to bring it awake then question it. I can out line the questions if desired.

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
OOC: Assuming no objections, use attraction on the skulk, while he is unconcious if that will guarantee success, conscious otherwise. Then have Dowlee use a Heal check to bring it awake then question it. I can out line the questions if desired.

(OOC: I'm going to rule that the skulk will have to be conscious for Jon to use his Attraction power on it. For that to happen anytime soon, it will need to receive some healing. It won't wake on its own for another 5 hours of game time....Liracor walloped it pretty good! :) )

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Faith in the democratic institutions seems obviously misplaced at this juncture. But if man has failed us, so far the gods have not. Let us remand this creature to the keeping of St. Cuthbert and his clergy."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads