• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City IC Thread

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Jon listens intently to the gnome's story. Though the gnome may have been a victim, he still tries to make sure he is not hiding something [Sense Motive Check].

After Ghelve manacles the skulk, Jon begins to admire his clock-like structure. At the same time, he asks, "What of the others? Have you seen them recently? Except them soon? Do they have common entry/exit times? Pray tell me if you have seen them take anyone with them? We will do our best for your rat, but we must help the children as well."

Legildur

First Post
Malvoisin said:
He makes a thorough examination of the cooking fireplace, but doesn't see anything unusual about or within it.
Flannad gives up on his investigations. He slips quietly back down the stairs, but doesn't go all the way down. Instead sitting down on them so that if Ghelve sees him, he'll think that he was simply sitting there the entire time.

Malvoisin

First Post
The Drunken Morkoth

Land Outcast said:
Remen shakes the offered hand and sits down, after shuffling the cards he lets the dwarf cut while he gulps down some of the free beberage. And he offers to game with a friendly pool of five gold, which he places at the middle of the table.

After Tyro places his own bet, Remen deals the cards...

Whenever he has contact with the dwarf's coins, he examines them, are they normal Sovereigns? (not as in fake, but as new or foreign coins)

OOC: Knowledge (local) +4 who is this guy? BTW: I'm not yet done with him

"Oh ho, we've got a high roller here!" Tyro chuckles as he meets Remen's wager with five gold coins of his own. The dwarf smiles broadly as he watches Remen deal, then chuckles again as he arranges his cards, and takes a long pull from his wine glass.

Remen surreptitiously looks at Tyro's wager, but from where he sits, all the coins look genuine. They don't appear to be strange or foreign, but regular sovereigns in keeping with the local region's currency standards.

(OOC: Remen has never before met Tyro, so he doesn't know or recognize him. This is not unusual, as the Drunken Morkoth is a popular inn for travelers and visitors to Cauldron.)

Malvoisin

First Post
Ghelve's Locks

Legildur said:
Flannad gives up on his investigations. He slips quietly back down the stairs, but doesn't go all the way down. Instead sitting down on them so that if Ghelve sees him, he'll think that he was simply sitting there the entire time.
Engrossed in talking with Jon and Liracor, Ghelve doesn't even seem to have noticed Flannad's absence.

stonegod said:
Jon listens intently to the gnome's story. Though the gnome may have been a victim, he still tries to make sure he is not hiding something [Sense Motive Check].
As far as Jon can tell, Ghelve doesn't seem to be holding anything back.

stongod said:
After Ghelve manacles the skulk, Jon begins to admire his clock-like structure. At the same time, he asks, "What of the others? Have you seen them recently? Except them soon? Do they have common entry/exit times? Pray tell me if you have seen them take anyone with them? We will do our best for your rat, but we must help the children as well."
"I last saw others three...no, four nights ago. They come up from below at random times, but they only leave the shop at night. And yes," the gnome continues with remorse, "I have seen them take people below. When last I saw them, they had four small figures, tightly bound. They took them down into Jzadirune, like the others before them...to what end, I cannot say."

Question said:
Liracor nods at the Ghelve's story. Starting to bind the unconcious skulk, he remarks "We were pretty lucky. We might never have spotted the skulk due to its natural camoflague. Thats what this creatures is....a skulk, a race of offshoots from humans. Not unlike how Duergar are an offshoot of Dwarves. I suspect it had orders to prevent anyone from poking around in the shop."

Stopping to take a breath, he continues "It seems our course is clear.....we must see to your safety and rescue your familiar to remove the hold these things have over you. They probably have eyes and ears in the town guard, so we cant involve them. Where is the entrance to the underground city?"
"Well, it's not so much a city as an enclave or stronghold, but...the entrance is right here." Ghelve walks to the wall of the staircase next to the red curtain. He selects another key from his keyring, and inserts it into a small groove in the wood paneling. With a loud squeal, a well-hidden secret door swings open to reveal a 10-foot-square landing at the top of a stone staircase that leads down into darkness.

Attachments

• Ghelves 080706 first floor.JPG
    Ghelves 080706 first floor.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

stonegod

Jon takes a look down the new passage and than to his companions. "We will need more than this to muster a force. In addition, we either need to question *that*"---pointing to the skulk---"or hand it over to the appropriate forces. Either way, we should fetch our companions. I suggest the two of you stay while I go?"

Legildur

First Post
Flannad sticks his head through the stair railings in order to watch Ghelve unlock the secret door.

The whisper gnome shrugs his shoulders at Jon's suggestion. "Maybe Master Ghelve here would like to contribute to our mission to rescue the children and his pet rat by providing some supplies? Of course, that would also stand him in good stead with the authorities later."

"I'll help fetch the others if you like."

Malvoisin

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Arak examines the coin he just purchased in detail.

The coin appears to be made of genuine gold, and has the same shape and weight as a normal gold Sovereign. However, instead of being stamped with the familiar crown of the sovereign, it is stamped with a jester's face instead. The shape of the jester's hat resembles the crown of the genuine gold piece, so the difference is subtle, only noticeable upon close scrutiny.

stonegod

Legildur said:
The whisper gnome shrugs his shoulders at Jon's suggestion. "Maybe Master Ghelve here would like to contribute to our mission to rescue the children and his pet rat by providing some supplies? Of course, that would also stand him in good stead with the authorities later."
"Flannad, there is no reason to sound like we are extorting Master Ghelve. We are here to help. However, Master Ghelve, any information about this gnomish enclave you can tell my companions would be beneifical on our mission."
Legildur said:
"I'll help fetch the others if you like."
Jon shakes his head smiling. "No, I think you should stay here with Liracor to hear anything else Master Ghelve has to say. I can make the approach quicker in any case, no offense."

OOC: If no one has any objects, thats what Jon will do---try to get the others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads