• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City IC Thread

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Land Outcast said:
While bringing down a cold steak and a mug of cheap ale, Remen proposes the others to do something... useful "I'll go around ask the bartenders" *the last laf of the steak diasappears* "about half elves, want to follow?"
Dowlee doesn't eat as fast as Remen, so she picks up some pieces of meat with some extra bread and takes a last gulp of her ale. "Sure, can't hurt." She tags along, keeping an eye on her surroundings.

ooc: Gather Information +3

Question

First Post
"Oh yes that might be difficult to do" Liracor replies to Jon's demand to take the creature alive. He tries anyway, trying to hit the creature with the flat of his blade.

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast said:
While bringing down a cold steak and a mug of cheap ale, Remen proposes the others to do something... useful "I'll go around ask the bartenders" *the last laf of the steak diasappears* "about half elves, want to follow?"

OOC: Gather Information +2
Jdvn1 said:
Dowlee doesn't eat as fast as Remen, so she picks up some pieces of meat with some extra bread and takes a last gulp of her ale. "Sure, can't hurt." She tags along, keeping an eye on her surroundings.

ooc: Gather Information +3

Remen and Dowlee, with Arak just a step behind, approach the Drunken Morkoth's bar, and begin to ask some discreet questions. Unfortunately, their queries are met with blank stares and shrugs. No one seems to have heard anything about this mysterious pair of half-elven 'investigators.'

The bartender turns away from the adventurers for a moment to take payment from an older man for his drinks and meal. The old man flips a gold piece into the bartender's hand, and turns to walk away. Suddenly, the bartender yells, "Gods! Not another one! This coin's a fake, Jed! One of those jester marked sovereigns again!"

Old Jed seems surprised, "What? I didn't know! I'm sorry, Bran, but it's all I got on me."

Bran looks upset, and is about to say something else. However, before the situation can escalate further, a gruff voice interrupts. "Well, we can't have unpaid bills and false currency spoiling such a lovely afternoon as this, can we? Allow me, goodman." A well-dressed dwarf wearing a big, floppy hat drops a handful of coins on the counter and shouts, "Drinks for the house, courtesy of Tyro Amberhelm!"

Jed grabs the dwarf's hand and pumps it vigorously before he leaves. "Thanks, thanks a lot mister! I owe you one!"

Bran the bartender looks satisfied too, but he does examine Tyro's payment very carefully before he starts pouring drinks.

Actions?

Land Outcast

Explorer
Precious gold... Half a dwarf...
Remen smiles when Arak leaves, even if it is just for a minute "Dowlee, hold Arak back while I'm at this... or tell him to inquire at... *that* man" and he moves away from *that* man and towards the dwarf...

As the patrons drown themselves on their mugs, Remen catches his rightful ale in his way to the dwarf
"Thanks" -rising his mug- "you sure are up to a card game, ain't you?" as he asks through signs to the barman to bring him a deck. "Remen's the name"

OOC: Does he notice anything strange on the dwarf?

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Combat at the Locksmith's Shop

ROUND 2

The skulk, grimacing in rage and pain, makes another thrust at Liracor with its rapier, but the attack is stymied once again by the young man's armor. (Miss)

stonegod said:
Jon, seeing the creature well surrounded by his companions, looks for a way to block its escape. "Alive! Try to take it alive!"
Question said:
"Oh yes that might be difficult to do" Liracor replies to Jon's demand to take the creature alive. He tries anyway, trying to hit the creature with the flat of his blade.
Liracor, heeding Jon's call, smacks the creature on the head with the flat of his blade. Despite the awkwardness of the swing, the blade connects with a solid THWAK! The skulk's blue pupilless eyes roll back, and it crumples to the ground from the force of the blow, unconscious. (Hit, 8 Damage, Nonlethal)

END COMBAT

OOC: Dang skulk, couldn't even land one blow. :\ Oh well, what's next?

Legildur

First Post
Flannad whistles in appreciation of a job well done. He immediately looks for Ghelve, and then scouts the remaining rooms while Jon and Liracor deal with the skulk.

Question

First Post
Liracor sheathes his blade, and calls the gnome over...."You seemed to know this creature was hiding in the back room?" he askes.

Remove ads