• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City IC Thread

Legildur

First Post
Flannad stands there shocked as the creature assaults Liracor. Recovering his wits, the young whisper gnome draws his short sword and moves into a flank position (total defense).

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Leaving, Dowlee is just amazed. <... Let's...> "Hey, Arak? Thanks for trying, but why don't you take a little break from being the mouth? At least, let's discuss when you're going to try tactics like that next." <At the very least, I've had a little practice being the mouth for Remen.> "I don't know where else to go, now, but the Drunken Morkoth."

On the way back, she pats Remen on the arm, "Are you okay? That dwarven lady wasn't very nice, but let's just put it behind us, eh?"

Land Outcast

Explorer
Remen smiles at Dowlee's words, they have the curious quality to calm him down.

He sighs... "Well, we can always start asking about two half elves who stick around together... and start in that inn"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"There will not always be time to inform you in advance when conditions on the battlefield change and, indeed, the desire to discuss things, which I can only assume is a further manifestation of the plague of democracy, may well have hampered my efforts," Arak sniffs, pulling himself up haughtily. "I have already conceded things to you for the nonce. Indeed, the only avenues we are left with are ones more familiar to those of a lower station, which I am unfamiliar with, other than through my missionary work. But as I must strive towards greater humility, to gloat in such a situation suggests mine is not a burden that I bear alone."

Disheartened, he stumps along behind the two smaller figures, his face a deeper red than his usual sunburn.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dowlee nods, "If they were Last Laugh, we don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves, either. We shold be careful..." She looks at Arak, as she's walking alongside Remen, "You can't assume everyone is against you, Arak. I understand we can't discuss everything prior, but let's try to remember that everyone in the town agrees that the kidnappings are horrible, and so we have more allies than enemies. In these ... lower avenues, you may be more useful as a muscle rather than a mouth. If things go awry, we'll need you even if you are unfamiliar with the circumstances. Remen's big, but he can be outnumbered. Keep an eye out, though." Dowlee tries to be encouraging, though given the circumstances it's not easy. <He does mean well...>

Malvoisin

First Post
[sblock=Dialogue]
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"Clearly, this city's experiment with 'democracy' has given us functionaries who care more for their personal pride than the lives of children." Arak glares down at the woman. "We throw over the divine order at our peril."

Arak turns his back on the woman, looking down at his companions.

"Well, that went poorly, but she may even be telling the truth," he says quietly, red-faced. "Perhaps one of you might have better results speaking with your fellows about the halfling. I pray your subtlety can accomplish what my pridefulness could not."
Land Outcast said:
"Good afternoon" Sarcasm? yes, it's dripping sarcasm.

Once they are back outside Remen says: "we'd better get going to the Drunken Morkoth... until darkness falls there is no talk of the Laugh"
But we could ask about two half elves...
Jdvn1 said:
Leaving, Dowlee is just amazed. <... Let's...> "Hey, Arak? Thanks for trying, but why don't you take a little break from being the mouth? At least, let's discuss when you're going to try tactics like that next." <At the very least, I've had a little practice being the mouth for Remen.> "I don't know where else to go, now, but the Drunken Morkoth."

On the way back, she pats Remen on the arm, "Are you okay? That dwarven lady wasn't very nice, but let's just put it behind us, eh?"
Land Outcast said:
Remen smiles at Dowlee's words, they have the curious quality to calm him down.

He sighs... "Well, we can always start asking about two half elves who stick around together... and start in that inn"
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"There will not always be time to inform you in advance when conditions on the battlefield change and, indeed, the desire to discuss things, which I can only assume is a further manifestation of the plague of democracy, may well have hampered my efforts," Arak sniffs, pulling himself up haughtily. "I have already conceded things to you for the nonce. Indeed, the only avenues we are left with are ones more familiar to those of a lower station, which I am unfamiliar with, other than through my missionary work. But as I must strive towards greater humility, to gloat in such a situation suggests mine is not a burden that I bear alone."

Disheartened, he stumps along behind the two smaller figures, his face a deeper red than his usual sunburn.
Jdvn1 said:
Dowlee nods, "If they were Last Laugh, we don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves, either. We shold be careful..." She looks at Arak, as she's walking alongside Remen, "You can't assume everyone is against you, Arak. I understand we can't discuss everything prior, but let's try to remember that everyone in the town agrees that the kidnappings are horrible, and so we have more allies than enemies. In these ... lower avenues, you may be more useful as a muscle rather than a mouth. If things go awry, we'll need you even if you are unfamiliar with the circumstances. Remen's big, but he can be outnumbered. Keep an eye out, though." Dowlee tries to be encouraging, though given the circumstances it's not easy. <He does mean well...>
[/sblock]
With things having turned sour in their quest for information, Arak, Remen, and Dowlee find themselves outside the Drunken Morkoth in the midafternoon sunshine. While the air is cool, at least the clouds which delivered so much rain the day before have broken up. The dinner hour, and the reunion with Jon, Flannad, and Liracor, is still some time away, leaving the trio with some time to kill.

(OOC: There are still at least two hours before the appointed arrival time for the other half of the party. How will you spend the time? Let me know if you want to make skill checks...Gather Information, etc.)

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
While bringing down a cold steak and a mug of cheap ale, Remen proposes the others to do something... useful "I'll go around ask the bartenders" *the last laf of the steak diasappears* "about half elves, want to follow?"

OOC: Gather Information +2

Question

First Post
Liracor quickly recovers from the strange creatures attack. While trying to figure out what it is, he slashes at the creature with his sword, trusting his companions to quickly surround the thing.

OOC : Knowledge(Arcana) +6 if applicable? Or anything else.

Malvoisin

First Post
Legildur said:
Flannad stands there shocked as the creature assaults Liracor. Recovering his wits, the young whisper gnome draws his short sword and moves into a flank position (total defense).

As Flannad darts past the strange being, it takes a swipe at him with its rapier. Flannad easily sidesteps the swing, though, and slips behind the creature.

Question said:
Liracor quickly recovers from the strange creatures attack. While trying to figure out what it is, he slashes at the creature with his sword, trusting his companions to quickly surround the thing.

With Flannad distracting the creature, Liracor sees an opening. He strikes the creature with his longsword, drawing blood with a solid slash across its chest. (6 Damage)

Question said:
OOC : Knowledge(Arcana) +6 if applicable? Or anything else.
[sblock=Liracor Knowledge (Local) Check](OOC: Thinking quickly, Liracor recalls hearing of a wretched offshoot race of humanity called skulks. They have skin that can blend into their surroundings, and are notoriously hard to detect or track.)[/sblock]

The thing hisses at Liracor in pain, and slashes at him again with its rapier, but the duskblade easily parries the blow with his own sword.

stonegod said:
Jon looks agape at the creature, wracking his brain at what it might be. Noting the actions of his comrades, he tries to attack the strange creature's mind with a savage mental thrust!

[OOC: Knowlege (whatever Jon has) to see if he knows anything. Then mind thrust. Pretty much will not change unless its down by the time Jon goes.]

[sblock=Jon Knowledge Check](OOC: Jon doesn't recognize the creature, and remains baffled about what it could be.)[/sblock]

A buzz fills the air as Jon's mind thrust assails the creature. Its eyes open wide in pain, and it sways on its feet for a moment, but it remains standing. (2 Damage)

Round 2 Actions?

Attachments

• Ghelves 080506.JPG
    Ghelves 080506.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Jon, seeing the creature well surrounded by his companions, looks for a way to block its escape. Seeing a table, he attempts to drag it in front of the curtain, meanwhile cautioning, "Alive! To to take it alive!"
[sblock=Psionics]Active: inertial armor, +4 AC
PP: 4/6[/sblock]

Remove ads