• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

Wyk nods at Vaerhia's comments. "A fair question lady. If I did not make it clear before, please note that I don't have authority to speak for the others. I believe that we can convince them to go along with reasonable offers. I am willing to work to recover my property, but your master needs to know that despite my brusk nature, I am a man of strong moral principles. I would not for example be willing to turn upon Elandra."

Eluvan

First Post
Dainan just smiles in response to Vaerhia's wrangling, and Wyk's moral compunctions. "Forget the slavers then, if you do not care for their fate. Concentrate instead on your belongings. What his lordship would have me ask of you should not be onerous, if you undertake it with caution and careful planning, and I do not believe it will offend your moral sense either. He would have you slay a certain Erinyes, known as Imthael, who has proved a thorn in his side for some time now. The bitch presumes on his hospitality and hampers his affairs, all the while hiding like a coward behind the protection of her station as an ambassador. Her diplomatic immunity is no protection against the likes of you, though, if your deeds cannot be traced back to us. You need not fear reprisal from her superiors - she is not important enough to warrant it, but if we were to dispose of her it would be a diplomatic incident. Do you understand?"

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"I hardly see myself as an assassin for hire. I'll have to think about that. Certainly my people have a long history of conflict with devils."

Eluvan

First Post
"No need to think of it as an assassination, if such a term offends your sensibilities. You'd be slaying a Baatezu, something that the good and righteous have taken every opportunity to do since time immemorial. Why get caught up with semantics?"

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"Sounds good, let's head back and look for them. Actually, do you think we should look for them, or do you want to just go back to Elandra's and wait?"

Eluvan

First Post
"Of course," Dainan replies smoothly. "I'd like to think we can introduce a level of trust into our relationship. Give me the word that you'll go ahead with the task, and I'll hand your things over to you right now. I'll even throw in the bag."

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"You understand that I'll need to consult with the lady here as well as my other companions, before we can commit to anything."

Eluvan

First Post
"Of course. If you wish to gather your companions and confer, I could see about some other business and meet you back here in half an hour or so. How would that be?"

Remove ads