D&D 5E Planescape, Bigby, Phandelver and the Deck of Many Things: Covers & Details Revealed!

See the covers of all the upcoming releases!

The covers of the upcoming D&D books — including Planescape, Glory of the Giants, and the Deck of Many Things have been revealed.

• August 15th -- Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants ($59.95)
  • August 15th -- The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons ($39.95)
  • September 19th -- Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk ($59.95)
  • October 16th -- Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse ($TBA)
  • November 14th -- Book of Many Things ($TBA)

IMG_9191.jpeg

bigby.jpeg

Coming August 15th with two variants. Lore about giants, 76 stat blocks, feats, and a giant subclass.

IMG_9192.jpeg

3 hardcovers in a boxed set-- 96 page guide to Sigil, 64-page bestiary, and 96-page adventure, along with a poster map and DM screen. Coming October 16th.

IMG_9193.jpeg

224-page adventure for levels 1-12, poster map, 16 new monsters. Coming September 19th.

IMG_9194.jpeg

66 illustrated cards, 192-page book with lore, character options, magic items, and monsters, 80-page card reference guide, all in a slipcase. Coming November 14th.​

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Keys from the Golden Vault specifically mentioned the Fated, and noted them as being based out of Sigil - whether that means 5e Planescape will be a pre-FW remix or a version of post-FW where the Factions have been allowed to return is unclear, but either way, there are going to be Factions in Sigil again.
There is the alternative explanation where WotC announced that they nothing is canon, so they could just ignore what came before with this setting.

Agree 110%, its a mix of too short page count with the adventure eating a huge amount of space.

Note WotC stop putting adventures into setting products, it’s coming at major expense of the setting. Even 4e knew not to do this.
I’m fine with the page count for the setting and bestiary (I think - not sure until I see it in person), but I could do without the adventure

Quickleaf

Legend
So, it seems Morte will be the narrator of the monsters book. I hope they get the tone right, he's probably my favorite videogame NPC ever.

I would love to see Dak'kon in the book too.
Great choice of "narrator" for the monster book.

PS: Torment had a really interesting take on the Outlands, and actually had a gate town sliding across planar boundaries. Player's Primer to the Outlands (the one with the CD "mimir") had some interesting ideas too, walking wizards towers, the Hinterlands, etc. A long while back I wrote up some random encounters for the Outlands that got a bit of use out of – if anyone's unfamiliar with the Outlands those encounters are an at-a-glance "what might be here."

Remove ads

Remove ads