• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players wanted! (You pick the campaign!)

ByteRynn

First Post
Mutants and Masterminds! We could always use more of those on these here boards!

EDIT: Oh, the games are already full. If something opens up, I would be interested.

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'd love to try d20 Modern or Mutants and Masterminds. Unfortunately I don't have either. Though if they're d20 based I could possibly grasp the concepts without much trouble. I do have D&D and that would come in third. I don't know anything about Warhammer Fantasy except that it's a strategy game that is related to Warhammer 40K. :heh:

Insight

Adventurer
So, for the D20 Modern game, would having the Urban Arcana book be of any use, or are we sticking with the main rulebook only?

BTW, WFRP is not a strategy game. It is an RPG just like D&D. The rules are just different.

Guardsmith

First Post
Insight said:
So, for the D20 Modern game, would having the Urban Arcana book be of any use, or are we sticking with the main rulebook only?

Urban Arcana may be useful depending on the type of character you want to play.

More later (see next post)

Guardsmith

First Post
Well, I’ve had some time to think it over, and I’m afraid I was a bit ambitious in my earlier posting. This is, after all, the first time I’m even trying this and I have no idea how it will unfold and how much time it will consume. Given that, I’m very sorry to say that I’ve decided to run only one PbP game, and it is going to be the d20 Modern one. After agonizing over the choice between d20 Modern and M&M for a while, I decided on d20 Modern based on the fact that I have run it before and have a lot of the materials (house rules, adventures, etc.) already prepared.

My deepest apologizes go out to the people interested in the M&M game as I despise letting people down ( :( ), but once I feel like I'm getting the hang of this PbP thing, I promise to run an M&M game, and you guys will be the first I contact about it, even before a general post.

So, all that having been said, this weekend I will start the OOC tread for the game, linking it to this thread and posting character creation guidelines, house rules and such. Once that’s done, I invite the first six people who expressed an interest in the d20 Modern game (airwalkrr, Rhun, Insight, Blind Azaroth, NPC Lord and Jemal) to make characters. If any of them decide to drop out, I will then contact others who expressed interest.

I hope there are no hard feelings, as I never wanted to lead people on. I honestly didn’t expect to generate that much interest, and when it did, I got swept up in the excitement. :heh:

Thanks again to everyone for their interest, and I’m looking forward to this new experience. :)

Guardsmith

Insight

Adventurer
Guardsmith said:
Urban Arcana may be useful depending on the type of character you want to play.

I should probably have asked this already, but which other rules / 3rd party supplements are you allowing, such as Modern Magic, Modern Rules Compendiums (1 and 2), etc? There are a lot of them out there, and I have quite a few. Just so I have a scope.

I realize this may be in your OOC / Recruiting post, so feel free to ignore my questions and/or fold the answers into the new thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads