Playtesting: IG's 'The Making of Heroes'

industrygothica

Adventurer
Untying her father's bonds, the girl doesn't seem too interested in talking right now. When he is free, they embrace tightly, and both begin to sob almost uncontrollably.

[sblock=Thogrim]The father is badly beaten, but nothing that a bit of time won't fully heal. The girl, on the other hand--bloodied and bruised a good deal herself--seems to be losing control.[/sblock]

[sblock=Irathias, Aramil]As Irathias sets his loot aside, and the girl embraces her father, the two elves both catch a strange glance by the girl to cleric. Is it curiosity? Pity?[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aramil glances over at Irathias with a somewhat confused look on his face. "I beg your forgiveness, but we must know what we can find. If any others are left alive...... then they depend on our being prompt. Forgive me, but your lives are not the only we intend to save." He offers a strange mix between a bow and a nod, then continues "We just need to know what happened, and how many there were in the caravan."

industrygothica

Adventurer
The man looks defeated, and Aramil's words don't seem to help any.

"It was stupid, I know. But I been goin' this route fer years and ne'er a bit o' trouble. It was just me and me girl on this cart.

"Don't ye be judgin' me!" he adds defensively. "I know I shouldn't be takin' her through these woods by meself, but I just wanted to spend time with me girl."

The man starts to break down again. "Ye hear me? I just wanted to spend time..."
------

The touches Thogrim's hand as he heals her physical wounds, and lets it linger for a moment. "You're good, right? I mean..."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"I am not here to be your judge, and so I shall not be." Aramil smiles as the cleric heals the girl, "He is a good soul. Is there a reason you would not think so?"

WarShrike

First Post
"I assume i look like these dead ones somewhat, as i am Half-Orc. But i am a Cleric of Heironeous, god of chivalry and honor. And good of course." says Thogrim with a smile. Turning to the man, he says: "Now, to make sure we have the tale straight, the merchant caravan consisted of this wagon alone and you and your daughter as it's only occupants?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
WarShrike said:
"I assume i look like these dead ones somewhat, as i am Half-Orc. But i am a Cleric of Heironeous, god of chivalry and honor. And good of course." says Thogrim with a smile. Turning to the man, he says: "Now, to make sure we have the tale straight, the merchant caravan consisted of this wagon alone and you and your daughter as it's only occupants?"

The man nods silently.

The girl offers a warm smile. "There was another, but we backed off a bit for some space. Papa's been so busy lately, we just wanted the time alone. The other cart was maybe half a day ahead when we were ambushed. There were more on that one, perhaps that's why they picked us instead.

"It all happened so fast, and I can't remember a lot of it, but it sure seemed like there were than those four there"

industrygothica

Adventurer
WarShrike said:
"Actually, no one made it to Bjorah's Cliff, therefore, the other wagon must have been taken as well."

"Aye, that's too bad then," Hatcher says. "Expect they didn't turn out so lucky."

He slowly makes his way out of the wagon and onto his feet. After a few steps, he seems steady enough on his feet. "Good fire here, and a bit o' meat." He picks up a large stick from the ground and pokes at the flames. "Ain't no sense in wastin' it; can't do nothin' without the sun anyway."

Remove ads