• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please Help: Archer Build

Hexed~No~More

First Post
To be honest, fighters make some of the best archers as far a damage and accuracy go. With a good str and dex, plus a mighty composite bow, plus lots of feats and weapon training, your to hit and damage bonuses add up pretty quickly. Throw in some good gear like bracers of archery, and you can do some really sick damage. You also have enough feats to invest some in melee combat in case you are forced to drop your bow and swing a sword.

No joke! In the campain I'm in right now. we have a fighter archer who averages about 30+ damage an arrow (could be higher I'll check with him tomorrow if i can) and we are only lvl 8/lvl 9. With all his feats he gets three shots right now and the first one has to arrows. (4arrowsX30damage= 120 damage in a full round if all hit.) I'll post his build on here tomorrow when i see him.

Also we too are using 3.5 and pathfinder together for this game.

I recall hearing of a feat that allows you to shift 10 ft as a minor action, allowing you to get skirmish damage on a full attack. Too bad I don't what it's called. I can guess it's in one of WOTC's rogueish splat books.

Even if you mainly want to take levels in ranger, a 2 level splash for fighter bonus feats may not hurt.

Kaisoku

First Post
While looking up something completely unrelated, I stumbled upon the Woodland Archer tactical feat from Races of the Wild.

If you have that one, it basically gives you three maneuvers:

- Bonuses to hit if you miss (adjusting sort of thing).
- Ignore miss chance by striking the same spot (so pass it once, and you pass it on all shots).
- If you succeed at sniping, you can then make movement on your next sniping shot.

Basically, after the first shot (and as long as you keep hidden), you can move and activate the skirmish damage each time.

Still.. skirmish is limited to 30', so you'll want to get REALLY good stealth bonuses or greater invisibility in some way (UMD and the wand would be best as a solo tactic).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads