Point Blank Shot

GargoyleKDR

First Post
In Tome and Blood the Point Blank Shot feat is described to work with rays and energy missile spells. Unlike the companion description for Weapon Focus the text for Point Blank Shot does not specify that it only works for weapon like spells. Would a wizard/sorcerer be able to apply Point Blank Shot to all ranged combat including bows, crossbows, thrown weapons, and weapon like spells?

- Garg.
"No matter where you go, there you are"

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Yes, the bonus from PBS applies to all rolled ranged attacks within 30 feet.

However, please note that when using spells, the bonus is only applied to the first missle.

Last edited:

Tharkun

First Post
I was wondering why just the first spell is used when using the feat, I mean if you have an opponent inside 30 feet why would just the first time apply. That makes little sense to me.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Tharkun said:
I was wondering why just the first spell is used when using the feat, I mean if you have an opponent inside 30 feet why would just the first time apply. That makes little sense to me.

I believe he's refering to multiple missile spells like MM. This is the same rule as for shuriken one attack one +1 to damage even if the attack has multiple missiles in it.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Good point lets use lesser sonic orb for my exmaple then. (which I like better anyways) Or if you don't have t&B how about flame arrow it still has the flame bolts option I believe.

Remove ads