PokePaladin or PokeMount?

two

First Post
I need to speak the correct lingo, and this is a burning question that requires an immediate answer.

I am leaning towards PokePaladin simply for its alliterative flair, however PokeMount is obviously a more valid rules-based choice, as it closely reflects the effect of the suffix upon the chosen infix (mount being the thing poke-ized, not technically the Paladin), although by extension the Paladin can be seen as becoming metaphorically poke-ized, vis-a-vis his mount which now has poke-associated attributes, namely near insta-appear and -disapear capabilities via planar travel or some such garbage game-rationalization concept.

So, what is it?

PokePaladin, or PokeMount?

I can't see accepting both, "Your PokePaladin jumps up on his PokeMount, right?" just loses that special kick. The joke is being told one too many times. Every had a bore tell an unfunny joke and then explain it, at length, in your face, with his beery breath curling your beard? No? Be thankful.

Trickstergod

First Post
I do believe it started out as the PokePaladin, actually, however, I do suppose PokeMount would be the more apt term for it.

In light of this, though, I do believe the Paladin is in need of a name change.

From this time forward, the Paladin is now to be known as the "PokeMount Master."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Not to change the subject but whats a "poke" anything???

Pokémon is short for "Pocket Monster" - a creature that can be summoned or dismissed from a little ball you keep in your pocket.

A Pokémount is, therefore, a Paladin's Mount you can pull out of your pocket at a moment's notice. One of the controversial 3.5 changes.

-Hyp.

FreeTheSlaves

Adventurer
I described the pokemount scenario as such:

IC
"You're mysterious and trippy horse does fade to an outline of beautiful space and stars, then the outline disappears with an equine call."

OoC
"That is, Dave, your horse gets out of the way so you can go into the tunnel with your mates to bash monsters. No don't worry, it is safe, you don't have to worry about your horse."

It works.

Azul

First Post
So, when your "Wahr-Ponee" has enough fighting experience, does it become a "Wahr-Hurs"? Is is it that your "Courser" evolves into a tougher but less cute "Destrier"? ;)

Remove ads