D&D 5E [Poll] Are Dragonmark races allowed in your game?

Are Dragonmark races allowed in your game?

• No, because they are too powerful

Votes: 0 0.0%

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Not typically, since they’re a specific element of the Eberron setting and I don’t typically run adventures set in Eberron. If I was running a game set in Eberron, I would allow them.

It’s kinda like asking if you allow characters from Krypton in your game… Krypton doesn’t exist in most D&D games I’ve run, but if it did I would certainly allow characters to be from there.
If WotC published a Krypton sourcebook, there is a 100% certainty that someone would ask to play a Kryptonian in your traditional, medieval fantasy game.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If WotC published a Krypton sourcebook, there is a 100% certainty that someone would ask to play a Kryptonian in your traditional, medieval fantasy game.
Of course, but I would say no because Krypton doesn’t exist in the setting (unless it does, in which case I would say yes.)

Laurefindel

Legend
Like several posters said above; yes, all dragonmark races are allowed in my Eberron games only.

Why? They fit the themes of Eberron (duh), they're "official" material, and they're not that overpowered in our eyes. Actually, the diversity they bring, especially to humans, is welcome in our group.

Other campaigns have other things working for them. I try to keep campaign themes relatively distinct, and niche protection works in favour of that.

Last edited:

Remove ads