[POLL] Which Xanathar's Guide Cover Do You Prefer?

I think it's awesome. It really pops out at you. IMHO it's better than JACP (Just Another Cover Pic).

I think it's awesome. It really pops out at you. IMHO it's better than JACP (Just Another Cover Pic).

Mercule

Adventurer
I like my book covers to all have the same look.

Now if every hardcover had a special edition cover....
That's part of my objection, too. While I don't like the abstract beholder-like image, I don't mind the black and gold aesthetic. I wouldn't pay more for it, but I would have zero objection to that style for all the "generic" 5E books. I'd just prefer if they did different central images. I could actually see where a refined version of the old stick-and-ink drawings (like what [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] posted) would look great. Not that rough; you can actually get incredibly nice-looking stick and ink drawings. Maybe do it in the gold/copper/red multi-chrome of the special edition book. The palate could get switched up for different books without problem. Maybe gold/silver/blue would be good for something like Volo's.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The disclaimer works best with the standard cover
Disclaimer: No goldfish were harmed in the making of this book. Especially not Sylgar. Sylgar definitely did not die because we forgot to change his water. If you see Xanathar, make sure it knows that. Be perfectly clear Sylgar was not harmed. And we had nothing to do with it. Better yet, don't bring it up, and don't mention us.

ccs

41st lv DM
I don't like either cover. But the standard cover is less terrible.

My thoughts exactly.
The cover of the book won't deter my purchase, but I wouldn't pay more or go to any great length to get the special edition cover.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I saw both copies in person today and I must admit the black and gold of the standard along with the color "pops" visually in person but still the abstractness of the fish and beholder is still to big of a turn off to buy it as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads