Pressing attack?

Lord Ben

First Post
Someone mentioned a feat called pressing attack that allowed you to move with someone who took a 5' step. Interesting feat to counter casters who always 5' back and cast. Anyone have the prereq's for it or try something similiar in D&D?

Last edited:

IceBear

Explorer
It's an interesting feat, but I don't think I would waste a feat slot on it when you could just ready an attack, or trip or grapple the spellcaster.

IceBear

kreynolds

First Post
IceBear said:
It's an interesting feat, but I don't think I would waste a feat slot on it when you could just ready an attack, or trip or grapple the spellcaster.

IceBear

I'd take the feat. It means that I no longer have to bother readying an attack, trip, or grapple! :)

Artoomis

First Post
This is definately a feat worth considering - this is how to nail that pesky spell caster and/or missle weapon user with BOTH an AoO AND a full attack routine on your turn.

I haven't seen it, so I don't know the mechanics, though.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
It's from Dragonstar, and since it's OGL I'll reprint here. Go buy the book. It's really quite cool

Pressing Attack [General]
You are skilled at seizing every advantage and keeping your opponent on the defensive.
Prerequisite: Combat Reflexes
Benefit: This feat allows you to follow an opponent who tries to step back from an area you threaten. The opponent must be in an area you threaten at the begining of his action. If the opponent takes a 5-foot step to an area you do not threaten, you may immediately take a 5-foot step of your own to any unoccupied space where you again threaten the opponent. If no such space is available, you cannot use this feat. You may only use this feat once per round.

IceBear

Explorer
I just meant it's not a feat I would *HAVE* to have, especially if I wasn't a fighter. As a fighter I would be more willing to take the feat.

IceBear

Remove ads