Putting a Game Day Together -- Who's done it?

ragboy

Explorer
Hey,

We lost our only regular game day here in the Austin area over a year ago, and I've been contemplating putting another one together.

Who's done it? Success and horror stories welcome. Just trying to get a sense of scale as far as money and time.

Aurora

First Post
Do you have a university nearby that would give you space for free? I would check into that. I know our next Ohio one is going to be in our local gaming shop. Enk talked to the owner and he was cool with us using his space so long as we give him enough notice. Do you have any big gaming shops around that wouldn't mind holding it there? Good luck!

I helped a little with the first DC-area ENWorld gameday. As others have said, it's the location. The rest is pretty easy -- hold it, and they will come.

Best to start small, though. Even if it's just a person's house with 3 tables of 6 people, it's still a lot of fun. You don't need a big room with dozens of people to have a great gameday.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
You should talk to Rel since he's done the NC Gamedays. He's held them on the NC State campus (I resisted the urge to wear my UNC stuff there.... :] ) and I've had a blast at them.

I know that Torm is trying to start one in eastern South Carolina.... don't know how he's going with that....

Remove ads