• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase Coming July 2024

An adventure collection coming next summer with updated versions of classic adventures. Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2050.png

An adventure collection coming next summer with updated versions of classic adventures.

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

BovineofWar

Explorer
All old, updated, adventures. With a new (bbeg? god? something) and something else "tying" them together. As I said in teh other thread, I hope they actually update them, and don't just give us new statblocks.

to be clear....not the same adventures as the original Staircase (99% sure of that).
Thanks, I hadn't seen the other thread!

Agreed, Tales had a lot of interesting ideas, but it was also pretty bare bones. I can see reusing the story frame (infinite staircase), but I can't see Tales being the main adventures in the anthology.

Normally I really love anthologies of classic modules, but... wasn't the first Infinite Staircase about a virus that sucked out creativity and was presumably a commentary on TSR by the writers of the time? This seems sort of darkly ironic?

michaeljpastor

Adventurer
my first thought was djinni or something like that, then my second was fiend (but I've decided no on that for sure), my third was giant.
Teos pegged it as an Eldritch Giant

From the FG wiki:

Eldritch giants had skin tinged with a faint purple and light colored hair. Their eyes subtly changed colors between blue, green, and violet. Adults stood 25 feet (7.6 meters) tall and weighed around 13,000 pounds (5,900 kilograms). Some eldritch giants had tattoos of arcane symbols that covered their whole bodies.[2]

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Teos pegged it as an Eldritch Giant

From the FG wiki:

Eldritch giants had skin tinged with a faint purple and light colored hair. Their eyes subtly changed colors between blue, green, and violet. Adults stood 25 feet (7.6 meters) tall and weighed around 13,000 pounds (5,900 kilograms). Some eldritch giants had tattoos of arcane symbols that covered their whole bodies.[2]
that was my third thought....but maybe it's one of their gods ?

Remove ads

Remove ads