• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase Coming July 2024

An adventure collection coming next summer with updated versions of classic adventures. Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2050.png

An adventure collection coming next summer with updated versions of classic adventures.

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

TravDoc42

Getting a hang of this!
I hope this means that the lillendi will return! Shawn Wood shared some Planescape concept art featuring them on his Instagram, but they didn't make it in the Planescape box set, so I wonder if they'll be in this one? Lillendi were important to the 2e Infinite Staircase, IIRC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201_161912_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_161912_Instagram.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 162

I don't really like the word "Quest" in the title. I'm just being picky, but it just makes the title sound...just OK to me.

Anyway, this seems cool. I need to read Monte Cook's original version to see what kind of adventures will be included. I hope this is more like Saltmarsh or Radiant Citadel then Golden Vault, though. Saltmarsh had a great base setting, and Radiant Citadel had great adventures.

I don't really like the word "Quest" in the title. I'm just being picky, but it just makes the title sound...just OK to me.

Anyway, this seems cool. I need to read Monte Cook's original version to see what kind of adventures will be included. I hope this is more like Saltmarsh or Radiant Citadel then Golden Vault, though. Saltmarsh had a great base setting, and Radiant Citadel had great adventures.
You know, I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't really dig Golden Vault. I think you nailed it though. I don't think I really liked it didn't have a base setting.

You know, I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't really dig Golden Vault. I think you nailed it though. I don't think I really liked it didn't have a base setting.
It's a lot harder to string the adventures together without a base setting IMO. The Radiant Citadel was fun, but Saltmarsh was such a great execution of this format. I'd really like for two Saltmarshes a year tbh, one that is Planar and one that is on a Prime Material Plane.

They said Quests from the Infinite Staircase is a collection of updated older adventures a la Yawning Portal and Saltmarsh, but I don't know that they're necessarily going to be the same adventures from 2e's Tales from the Infinite Staircase.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I wouldn't be surprised if the anthology included one adventure per major TSR/WotC setting (likely omitting Birthright, Jakandor, Council of Wyrms, Dark Sun, and a few others), thereby extending that grand tour of the multiverse that the new Vecna adventure is hinting at. So I would expect reprints/updates of adventures set in FR, Greyhawk, Mystara, Eberron, Krynn, Blackmoor (?), Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and/or Planescape. Perhaps the scenarios will be selected specifically so that they can be slotted in as side quests for the main Vecna campaign?

Remove ads

Remove ads