D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase Coming July 2024

An adventure collection coming next summer with updated versions of classic adventures. Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2050.png

An adventure collection coming next summer with updated versions of classic adventures.

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

michaeljpastor

Adventurer
Do you recall which they were?
I'll rewatch the video tomorrow if someone doesn't list them before, but one that stood out to me was Great Barrier Peaks, which I will go out on a limb to say is a pretty much guarantee reprint/update given its legendary status (and a nice gateway to rerelease Star Frontiers - they've already primed the pump with Monsters of the Multiverse)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'll rewatch the video tomorrow if someone doesn't list them before, but one that stood out to me was Great Barrier Peaks, which I will go out on a limb to say is a pretty much guarantee reprint/update given its legendary status (and a nice gateway to rerelease Star Frontiers - they've already primed the pump with Monsters of the Multiverse)
The ones they put up as slides that aren't in print from WotC were S3, S4, Shadows of the Last War, and City of the Spider Queen.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So found two older depictions of the Wind Dukes of Aaqa:

vaatidnd.png

Ans comparing the new guy...he very well could be one of them:

quests-from-the-infinite-staircase-hero.png

Another question: is a BBEG, or a party Patron who needs some help gathering the pieces of the Rod for some bigger cosmic fight...? That could be fun.

Last edited:

michaeljpastor

Adventurer
Talos the StormLord was kind enough to post via Alphastream's discord:

Short Adventures: Dungeon Magazine (“The Sunken Shadow” are “House of Cards” are name-checked); Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel; name-checked The Village of Hommlet
Adventure Campaigns: Tyranny of Dragons (and in so doing name-checked the Dragonlance series & The Red Hand of Doom); City of the Spider Queen
Dungeon Crawls: S1 Tomb of Horrors (and name-checks Tomb of Annihilation); S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
Story-Based Adventures: I6 Ravenloft (name-checked the setting & Expedotion To…); Shadows of the Last War (Eberron)
“Weirdness”: S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks; Phandelver & Below: the Shattered Obelisk (and name-checked The Gates of Firestorm Peak)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I would guess some of those are going to be made into their one-night adventures. Tomb of Horrors and the T1 Moathouse both lend themselves to that approach, as does Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.
Or for both: as you day, Tomb of Horrors is a good fit, though it is already in print in a 5E book.

Remove ads

Remove ads