• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Draw; Pointless?

Stone Angel

First Post
So as we are reading through the quickdraw feat last night I notice that after gaining a base attack bonus of +1 you may draw your weapon as part of your move anyway so what is the point of this feat if it is worked into the system like that? Weird!!?

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

green slime

First Post
Because, if you are toe-to-toe with a melee combatant, and he disarms you, or you drop your weapon (for whatever reason), or you are simply surprised with your weapons in their scabbards you cannot draw a weapon and have a full-round attack action.

Kind of sucks if you are a Two-weapon wielder to only get one attack, when you could've had four....

Throwing weapons (daggers) also benefit from Quickdraw, in that you can then maintain a rate of fire equal to your base BAB.

Sammael

Adventurer
The points are:

-You can draw a weapon on a surprise round
-You can use a melee weapon, drop it, draw a ranged weapon, and attack with it (provided you have multiple attacks per round)
-You can throw more than one thrown weapon per round
-You can show off :D

eabha

First Post
green slime said:
Kind of sucks if you are a Two-weapon wielder to only get one attack, when you could've had four....
Yup.

My rogue/ranger (with two-weapon fighting and armed with a half dozen throwing daggers and four throwing axes) would be pretty close to useless without Quickdraw.

Stone Angel

First Post
Thank you for some reason I was unable to take it out of said context(last nights game) and put it into a different situation. Thank you.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Philip

Explorer
Sledge said:
What he said.

It perfect for those Mad Max like scenes, where the guard says: 'give up all your weapons!' and you drop your bastard sword, two shortswords, throwing-axe, six daggers, four darts and longbow at his feet in the blink of an eye. +4 circumstance bonus on Intimidate ;)

Remove ads